HELP! Good quality womens clothing?

Options
GreyEyes21
GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
I need help, I dont usually buy name brand because of my weight, but I am making a list of clothing I want when I lose all of my weight. Anyone have ideas? I need something cute and young like Victorias Secret or 7FAM. Please help!

Replies

• GreyEyes21
    Options
    BUMP (come on help)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I like JC penney's st. john's bay. They're made for a woman's body and are very nice. a friend asked if I got them at the Gap. (which kinda surprises me as I don't shop at the gap, or any similar store!) They're not over priced, especially when you can get them on sale. Mine have lasted a LONG time.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Forever21 is a great store, they have the cutest clothing, and they aren't expensive! They also have really good sales!

Also, WetSeal is a good one. They have all sorts of clothes and are great in price. If you have a store near you, go to it, they always have their t-shirts, tank tops, and cocktail dresses on sale for $5!

I also like JC Penney's clothing, Marshall's, and Target (at least the one near me) has cute clothes!
  • perfecting_emptiness
    Options
    I like forever21, H&M, and Victoria's secret clothing (they don't sell bras with my band size unfortunately but their clothes are lovely)
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    check out modcoth.com
  • suribruise
    Options
    I love love love nastygal.com

It's kind of a nineties hipster barbie aesthetic, and every thing is great quality and reasonable price
  • Nattitude77
    Nattitude77 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Lululemon!! The first time I lost weight I went crazy there and I have decided when I lose my goal weight I am going back and of course going to be wearing my old clothes that fit me when I was smaller. They have the most comfy clothes and they last long and never go out of style! heavy on the wallet but well worth the purchase and you can always go to there "we made too much" section online and get stuff from 20-50% off
  • LindsayHein
    LindsayHein Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOFT!!!!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My husband loves Guess clothing, couldnt fit it, but now he can since he lost weight...hes extatic! (had to mention)

But yeah, I buy at the most random places. But I like Guess- they have good stuff and Macys. They have a good sales on stuff, but I wear Juniors, Im very petite and womens clothing doesnt fit right. I buy expensive and cheap, I just have to really like it.
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like Talbots Petites. It isn't the most exciting stuff, but it generally fits well and is good for work basics. I mostly buy from their online sales, and if something doesn't fit, I can just return it to the local store or the outlet store nearby. I have a wishlist of outfits I want, and I wait for them to hit a red hanger clearance sale or something similar. I have a couple really nice $100+ dresses and sweaters I got for less than $30. Some, even as low as $10-20.

I refuse to shop at Ann Taylor, but I know a few people that swear by it. I haven't set foot in one since a cashier signed me up for a "rewards card" there. I specifically asked, "is it a credit card?" And she said, "No." Lo and behold it was a credit card and she hadn't given me the proper info (interest rates, etc) and didn't even enter my address correctly into their system. So here I'm wondering why it's taking so long for the clothes to show up on my debit card, which I used to pay (or so I though), when I get a credit card bill instead--almost late because they had to get the address corrected by a 3rd party! I did manage to reach Ann Taylor's customer support, pay the card balance in full, and close the card with no penalties, fees, or credit report damage. Customer support for them was very helpful, especially when they learned I never signed off on the interest rate agreement stuff, etc... I didn't sing anything in fact. I even had my receipt so they were able to track down the cashier who was responsible. But still, it completely turned me off on Ann Taylor.
  • GreyEyes21
    Options
    I like Talbots Petites. It isn't the most exciting stuff, but it generally fits well and is good for work basics. I mostly buy from their online sales, and if something doesn't fit, I can just return it to the local store or the outlet store nearby. I have a wishlist of outfits I want, and I wait for them to hit a red hanger clearance sale or something similar. I have a couple really nice $100+ dresses and sweaters I got for less than $30. Some, even as low as $10-20.

I refuse to shop at Ann Taylor, but I know a few people that swear by it. I haven't set foot in one since a cashier signed me up for a "rewards card" there. I specifically asked, "is it a credit card?" And she said, "No." Lo and behold it was a credit card and she hadn't given me the proper info (interest rates, etc) and didn't even enter my address correctly into their system. So here I'm wondering why it's taking so long for the clothes to show up on my debit card, which I used to pay (or so I though), when I get a credit card bill instead--almost late because they had to get the address corrected by a 3rd party! I did manage to reach Ann Taylor's customer support, pay the card balance in full, and close the card with no penalties, fees, or credit report damage. Customer support for them was very helpful, especially when they learned I never signed off on the interest rate agreement stuff, etc... I didn't sing anything in fact. I even had my receipt so they were able to track down the cashier who was responsible. But still, it completely turned me off on Ann Taylor.

Oh no thats terrible!! I shoped at Ann Taylor when I was thin, I found it interesting. I loved 1/4 of the stock and absolutly hated the other 3/4 which is weird. I will check out Talbots Petites. :)

Keep in mind I don't care about price.... quality is more importaint... Guess is good, and H&M is ok... but no Forever 21!!!! The stuff falls apart like crazy, and after buying it 5 times, you spend the same as buying something good quality!!

Thanks everyone for suggestions :D
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I shop at Loft, GAP, Macys (Inc is awesome!) and Banana Repub for work-stuff (& occasionally cute tops) and get a lot of my "going-out" stuff at places like Macys, (Guess is great for sexier looks) as is Kenneth Cole when i want to look "NY Chic"

Macys is great bc they're pretty much ALWAYS having a sale.

I'm also a fan of places like TJ MAX and Marshals for trendier items that might not make it more than a year. (then at least they're cheap!)

sidenote: I have a kenneth cole jacket in my closet that is... 14 years old? maybe? basic black leather jackets never go out of style. their stuff is great!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    check out modcoth.com

Yeah this is my crack
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    seriously, if you want good quality....(and I agree Forever 21 is horrible...same with Wet Seal, H&M, etc.) then you need to shop somewhere nice. I buy ALL my clothes at Banana Republic and J Crew. They look great, pieces are timeless classics and they last you forever! Also, you don't look like an adult trying to fit into a teenagers wardrobe. Very classy!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I shop mainly from ideeli.com where I can get designer labels on trunk sale prices. Also good sites are ruelala.com, beyondtherack.com and gilt.com.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    MissMe jeans & anything Vicky Secrets but, I prefer that to be on the floor...just my opinion (yes, there's always one in the posts) :P
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Got two pair of Gloria Vanderbuilt jeans I love and 1 pair of Liz jeans and a vest-but I bought them for $1 each at the Catholic Thrift Store so I can't give you any ideas on where to shop. I love finding a really great bargain. Good luck and happy hunting
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    BCBG Maxazria. Ella Moss. Romeo & Juliet Couture. Nanette Lepore. Zara.
  • mcgui016
    Options
    Torrid has great clothes for curvy girls- their sizes range from 12-24 and they last FOREVER!! I love them! I
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    When I hit my first goal weight of 100lbs lost, I bought a pair of Miss Me jeans from the Buckle. Now that I've lost around 120lbs, I wear anything from a size 8-12. My favorite places to shop are The Limited, Express, and believe it or not, Old Navy! I love their jeans!