Hello I am a newbie.

Options
Hi just signed up today,this is my last ditch attempt as been there done that worn the tea shirt.
Started OWLS (Oxford weight loss service) 3 weeks ago and now the hard work starts.
love to hear from some of you if you have time.
louise

Replies

• kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is very usefull and keeps you going where usual 'diets' fail. Good luck!
  • pam3b
    pam3b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new also and I really like this website, very helpful. Feel free to add me
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! This place is amazing, the database seems endless at times, and the support of everyone is just mindblowing. Welcome! x
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, you have come to the right place, there is lots of support here.
  • debbiekuhn123
    debbiekuhn123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome, add people as friends to help you stay motivated, YOU can do it :)
  • wallywess
    Options
    I am also new and love this site. I have started a group called Big Wally's Loser Club. I am a morning radio show host in Binghamton, NY. I lost 134 lbs a few years ago... and through not paying attention to my meals... and my love of ice cream (and failure to exercise) i gained some of the weight back.

I Will Lose 80 Lbs, and would love to get some help from others... AND to share my experiences. Lets Do This!
  • Rozh1970
    Options
    Me too! I am new :happy: I love all the food that is not good for you. So I am learning a whole new way to eat.
  • gguynes
    gguynes Posts: 20
    Options
    Glad to meet you! This site is no "miracle" cure for weight loss, but is a great way to get support and help hold yourself accountable. I'm no expert, and there are plenty of people who are significantly more successful than I am, but below are my suggestions:

1 - Make sure to fill out WHY you want to lose weight.. your true incentive... If you keep that at the forefront of your mind, it will help you keep focused.

2 - Log in everyday. Regardless of whether a good day, bad day, or a "blow-up" day... log in, enter your food and exercise, and if possible, check on your friends progress.

3 - Find motivating friends! Get as many friends that will cheer you on, and also help you stay accountable to yourself.

4 - Don't let the scale determine success or failure! In "good" weight loss, there are fluctuations in weight; you'll have good days and bad days. Don't let the scale be your single measure of success. If you exercise, set goals that you can achieve like minutes of exercise per day or # of exercises you do per day. Make them achievable because you'll want to be resetting your goals periodically.

5 - Strive for, and plan for variety. I've changed diet strategies several times in efforts to "change things up" a bit. I'm constantly looking for ways to stay on the diet wagon without feeling like I'm starving or restricting myself.

6 - You must believe in you. Nothing anyone here, or anyone else can make you successful. We'll all help, but at the end of the day you're the captain of your ship!

I hope this helps! And feel free to add me!
  • ItsTimeDave
    ItsTimeDave Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Louise,

Welcome to MFP, hope your experience with OWLS is as informative as mine has been, think I am week 7 of 12 at the moment.

Good luck with your journey :)
  • kimebner
    Options
    Welcome, welcome! I am also fairly new. I joined the site last week. Tomorrow morning will be my first official weight-in i.e. my 1 week weigh in. I was really excited when I found this site as it was like a whole new way of dieting. It seems that you can have the odd "cheat" as long as you work it in to your daily allowance and don't eat more calories than you are allowed to. For me, this was a very exciting concept as it meant that I could possibly avoid feeling like I am losing out, which I often feel on other, stricter diets. But, not to demotivate anyone but according to the scale this morning, I weigh exactly the same as when I started the diet nearly a week ago! Like I say, tomorrow morning will be my one week weigh-in and I'm really scared that my weight will be the same or possibly even more. I was so hoping that this would be the weight-loss programme for me! Anyone else experience very slow weight loss? Please motivate me. :sad: