C25K nearly killed me today... ok, really it was a car...

Options
Well THAT had to be the most interesting exercise adventure I have ever been on...

I'm doing the C25K program and went to run this morning, Week 6/Day 1. I was miserable... It's 70 degrees with 100% humidity and it is misting but I was getting through it. I was in the last minute when I jogged up to an intersection. There was a man in a car stopped there. He had his interior lights on and was looking down at something, presumably a cell phone. I hollered at him and waved to let him know I was there and then started to cross when it became quite apparent that he had not seen me.

He started into the intersection without ever even looking up.

He honked his horn, waved at me with one finger and never did stop. Mind you this was after I had crossed the midpoint of his car. His bummer came within 3 inches of my left knee. Needless to say, in addition to running this morning I was able to get a sprint in too.

Replies

• hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That's scary. Glad you're ok. Way to knock out that run girl!
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That was a very close call; I'm glad you're ok! I'm also glad that you gave God the credit for your safety. Have a great day!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow! Glad to see that you are all right. Sorry the driver felt the need for the one finger wave when he was the one not paying attention.
  • TELR85
    TELR85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So glad that you're ok!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Bump