New and looking for some help :)

Options
Hi there, I am fairly new to this program a friend and I started a while ago but we didn't really stick to it.
I have been struggling with weight issues since a fairly serious car accident in 2009 left me with a laundry list of injuries.

I finally have made it through the major check points in healing from all my injuries and am ready to get back to where I was before this happened. As well as with at least 2 weddings coming up next year I have a goal to get me there, my boy friend and I are doing this together but I figured I could use all the help and support possible, my goal is to lose 60 pounds I'm not setting a rediculous time line since I didn't gain the weight over night it sure isn't going to go away over night either.

I guess my biggest problem is I work at a recreation facility and as a result of being a fully time permant staff member get a free membership to a world class facility but after being at work for 8 hours I find that I lack the motivation to stay and work out does anyone have a suggestion for me to help me stay motivated to work out before or after work.

I thank you in advance for all your help and support and please add me if you would like to help me reach my goals.

Replies

• alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a busy job too and am mum to two teenage boys so I completely understand the difficulty in getting the motivation to work out after work. I tell myself that anything is better than nothing and I will go for 20 minutes and if I'm enjoying myself then I'll stay a bit longer. I also find that classes help to motivate me and not always doing the same exercise so during my week I do a pilates and zumba class. Sometimes I do a body combat and sometimes I run. Stops me getting bored. Good luck x
  • jjbooty79
    Options
    Allstar, my biggest trick to staying moving and motivated is that I watch any TV show I want while on the treadmill. My thoughts are that I could sit on the couch and watch a TV program I like, or I can do it while walking slow on the treadmill. Over time I start to gain more energy, lose weight and see the results so I start to walk faster each time I am on the treadmill watching my programs. Soon enough, I will add in some crunches, squats, etc because I like the results.........it just keeps snowballing from there. Hope this helps!

My thought is that doing anything (even if a slow pace or with light weights) is better than doing absolutely nothing!
  • Trosemims
    Trosemims Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies ~ I am new to myfitnesspal... My motivation to get myself together and back on track is that I am coming up on my anniversary to my mild heart attack December 2, and I found myself in a place of comfort, doing, and eating some of the same bad things that increased my cholesterol to the point of a mild heart attack... That was not a good feeling at 38 years old... I am looking forward to the Faboulous 40's next May and my goal is to be in total good health by then. I know we can do it! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • allstarr4511
    allstarr4511 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive vibes, I will be sure to keep everyone posted about how it is going.
    JJ I plan on going upstairs at work after my shift to ride a bike or do some eliptical and watch some tv. unfortunately our tread mills dont have tv's...