Options
    Minneeesoootan!
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I´m icelandic, no accent.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    new zealand....with slight canadian here and there....mostly kiwi tho...:).....
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Minneeesoootan!
    ME TOOO!! You betcha!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

I would say you have an Icelandic accent then. As long as you're from somewhere with it's own unique dialect, you have an accent. It would be like saying that the British don't have an accent, because if you were from there, you all sound the same, but a Canadian would have an accent because s/he would sound different, or vice versa.

I'm Canadian, and I have a Canadian accent (Toronto-ish, to be more precise), but to me, I don't have an accent. To you, I sound very different, so I do have an accent.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Very Southern---Born, raised and still live in Georgia :tongue:
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    southern yall

(eastern nc)
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    Wisconsinian? People from the South tell me I have an accent. Not sure what to call it.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options

I would say you have an Icelandic accent then. As long as you're from somewhere with it's own unique dialect, you have an accent. It would be like saying that the British don't have an accent, because if you were from there, you all sound the same, but a Canadian would have an accent because s/he would sound different, or vice versa.

I'm Canadian, and I have a Canadian accent (Toronto-ish, to be more precise), but to me, I don't have an accent. To you, I sound very different, so I do have an accent.

Very true as I do not think I have an accent until I travel and people ask me where I am from and then inform me that I have a southern accent.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I've an Irish accent :happy:
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options

My accent is mostly eastern PA (near philly) - which is where I am from. And I have a little of this dialect that I am not even sure where it's from that I picked up from my mom and I am sure she got from my grandma (I have to ask her where it's from) but only on some words. :laugh: Everyone teases me when those words come out.

I live in Bucks county, we are almost neighbors.

I live just outside Philly, hello neighbors!!!!

I'm a Brit, so I have a good old Englisg accent
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    A little bit of a southern accent (not to strong of a one).... cute and sexy at the same time
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I had one but I get some grief. for "talking posh" Could probably read the news for the BBC. When I worked at a pub my nickname was Princess Anne - the other barmaid was from Sheffield .:drinker:
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm half German, half American. Grew up in Germany until I was 12, so my dad taught me English. He's from Michigan. I speak very properly and neutral, except when I drink or am tired...then I have that annoying Midwest twang. Ugh!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Minneeesoootan!

Love it!
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ive a dublin accent (im irish)