apparently slow on the uptake

Options
I need a little clarification...or I need more brain food...or both.
my caloric goal for the day is 1200. this puts me at a calorie deficit such as to lose 1-2 lbs per week.
I plug in my excercise, and suddenly, I've "earned" extra calories. This is terribly exciting for someone like me who loves FOOD!
BUT!
if I eat those extra 500 (+/-) calories, I'm no longer at a calorie deficit as desired above, yet I'm told i need to eat ALL of my calories.
I'm lost.
Stick with the 1200 or eat the full 1700? NEED TO DROP THE WEIGHT EFFICIENTLY, SAFELY, LONG TERM.

Replies

• awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You will still be at deficit because it's built in already. The calories you burn are extra so you eat them or your deficit would be really big which isn't always a good thing. Your body needs to function.
  • mcrower
    mcrower Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm committed to eating plant strong & staying at 1200 calories. However, I exercise typically 5 or more days a week. I find it too hard to plug in my exercise and calories for meals and try to keep at 1200 calories on MFP. ( don't like subtracting exercise added calories for minutes of exercise)! So what I do is in the small Memo area on the "Food" page is track my exercise there daily. That way, I can keep track of exercise for my self and keep a running tab of my calories eaten. Works for me :-)