44 and 50 to lose! I need support!

Options
Hello,

I've lost weight before. Very successfully. I was very happy at 5'10" and 167....then I got married. Now, I'm 213, and REALLY want to get back to my 'happy' weight of 167. I've tried many things that have worked before, but nothing seems to be the same anymore.

It's very depressing. Work has issued a challenge to lose weight, with the possibility of "prize" money. I know that it's not a given that I will win the prize, but I NEED to get healthier. I am just not happy with what I see in the mirror.

I do weights 3x a week, and have a couple of nights a week that I walk with a couple of people in the neighborhood. I know I need to better control what I eat. I eat when I'm bored. I eat when I'm depressed. I eat while watching TV at night....and that 's where my trouble area is.

If anyone would like to help kee my mind on track...I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks! I think if I have the help of a few folks, I can do it...and hopefully help you in the process as well! :)

Replies

• MissLotte
    MissLotte Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi There!!

You can do it. I need to lose between 64-72lbs to be my happy weight I hope....We can do it together!!! So much better to lose weight for health reasons rather than looks although I find both appealing for my journey.

All the best, feel free to msg me. x
  • bethf0103
    bethf0103 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I find the same shovelling food in during tv time, however I am starting to change the foods. Instead of crisps, cakes, sweets, chocolate I'm now going for tangerines, grapes, cut up pepper sticks. Little changes that keep my chops going. :) You can do this. x
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hi Walking Buddy!!!! You can dooooo this!!! :love:
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    :smile: You can do this. We are here for you. I can totally identify with you. I would eat when I was bored, depressed, happy, agitated. I would eat while watching t.v. all the time. I came here in June and found such great support. I was 219 and am now 169. It helped me greatly to log everything I ate daily and my exercise and water consumption. I found a group of friends here I had never met before that helped me with lots of support. You may add me as a friend on here or I will add you if you like. Keep coming back. You will do this in n time and become a healthier YOU! :wink:
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You can add me if you want. Ihave 88lbs total to go and that's about 26 more!
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    I had the same problem. I would do good all day and then eat any and everything at night. I did a little walking and a lot of thinking about walking. In the three weeks I have been on this site I have lost 4 pounds. I probably could have be down the 2 pounds a week but, I was adjusting to the plan and was still eating not so health foods. I am still learning and adjusting but I am lot better than I was this time last month or the month before that.

You can add me as a friend if you want and we can encourage each other. Good luck on your journey!
  • nettie23
    nettie23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Feel free to add me. We can do this!!!
  • JackieRoseMcMeekin
    Options
    MY NAME IS JACKIE IM 21 I WAY 220 POUNDS AND 5 4 IT IS SO HARD FOR ME O LOOSE WEIGHT I NEED HELLP