Women with accents..

Options

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I'm from NH.

I've got a Boston twang now and then.......
  • siggakolla
    siggakolla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i am originally from Iceland, but ive lived in New zealand and the UK so my accent is a bit influenced by those accents.
    I used to have a very american accent, to the point where americans though i was from the states :P but now my accent is slightly more english i guess. but i have heard i have : english, american, kiwi, scottish and irish :P
    But more or less, the american think im english and the english think im american .

Oh and when im drunk, i will pick up on the accents around me. which was very embarrassing i Scotland since i can NOT do a scottish accent...
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm from Québec, Canada. I have a french québécois accent. : )
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my southern accent since I just moved to the south 6 months ago!

Give us a little more to go on-what part of "the South"??
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Well I used to have the neutral usa accent, but over the last 16 years of living in minnesota I've unfortunately picked a little bit of the nasty midwestern thing. Oh well, planning to move in a couple of years, it'll go away!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    London, that's West London for those that understand the different London accents.:tongue:

I'm from Norfolk, but lived in South London for 8 years, now in America. I love the different London accents!!!!
  • siggakolla
    siggakolla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    meant to edit my last post but quoted instead :P
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i have a southern accent, born and raised in florida. i dont think its too bad until someone says you have an accent and i say i dont have an acksent, then it really comes out.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I live in Minnesota - but an upbringing in Texas/Oklahoma has left me with a southern twang....
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    -removed-
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    French Canadian! I hate it, my American husband loves it and my Mother-in-law thinks it's hilarious that I don't pronounce most of my Hs.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I suppose you can say that I have a slight Midwestern accent. I try to speak without one so no one here in SoMD can guess where I'm from except that it's not here but when I get very tired I begin to draw out my "o" sound and it's pretty apparent.

Around here, a lot of people have at least a bit of a southern country twang. Seems to be a county thing.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Combination California girl and Southern accent. O.O I often asked where my accent is from as they strain to try and pick out the accent/s they are hearing.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I'm Dutch, but all my friends in London say I sound Scottish when I speak English.
    Don't know why.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Southern for sure....straight up Northern Alabama Southern to be exact haha
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    This thread really needs links to Audio recordings of ladies giving a shout out.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    An English accent, Derbyshire to be precise.
  • wishiwerefit
    Options
    british!!Kidding :P
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I guess if I have one, it's northern Wisconsin. You can hear it in my Os...but I think that's about it. I've lived in 5 different states, so I never really picked up ONE accent.