breakfast..help..

Options
I just drank a smoothie which has strawberrys, bananas. kyle, spinach, weight wathers yogurt, reduced fat milk and ice..
should i have breakfast? and if so whats a good healthy breakfast? Im not really sure if the drink should take the place of breakfast..
and also what are some healthy lunches?

Im clueless but really want to try!
Thanks!

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry now? If so then eat some breakfast, if not, then you can wait surely? You don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to.

As long as whatever you eat for the rest of the day is within your daily allowances it doesn't matter if this is 3 meals and 2 snacks or just 2 big meals for example.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry now? If so then eat some breakfast, if not, then you can wait surely? You don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to.

As long as whatever you eat for the rest of the day is within your daily allowances it doesn't matter if this is 3 meals and 2 snacks or just 2 big meals for example.

I agree. eat when you are hungry and not when you think you are suppose to. There is no set time in the day, the body does not know its 8:00 time for breakfast. For Lunch, try grilled chicken breast sliced up and cold on a salad. Its light and filling.
  • debbiekuhn123
    debbiekuhn123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That smoothie drinks sounds like a breakfast to me?.. if its got a banana in it, other fruits, yoghurt

like the other person said if your hungry then eat if not then the smoothie must be working :)
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    If you are still hungry, than have a piece of wholewheat toast with reduced fat peanut butter. That way you get some protein and whole grains, but don't over-do your calories. Make sure to measure out the peanut butter though.
    If you aren't hungry, than don't eat just to eat.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I would only drink my spinach smoothie as my breakfast. Then would have a snack later when I was hungry. For lunch have a grilled chicken breast with some veggies, I always eat leftovers from the night before.
  • Jackielyn17
    Options
    Although your smoothie is healthy, it's an actual calorie bomb when combined together, i stopped drinking those 'green monsters' when i found out... if you're still hungry, i would have protein, which is essential to your diet. If you chooose to keep green monster smoothies as a drink, i would replace the WW yogurt with greek yogurt as it's a protein source. Have some nuts if you're still hungry.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    When I have a shake for breakfast, that's all I have. But I include a cup of spinach, a cup of kale, a few dollops of Greek yogurt and a banana. Surely enough to keep me satisfied for hours. So, depends on volume of the ingredients in your shake and whether you are hungry. Also protein source in the shake is very helpful for satisfying your hunger.
  • skyeliz525
    skyeliz525 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I agree, if you are still hungry have something else. Maybe something with protein, like peanut butter or a boiled egg that will help you feel full longer.

I make smoothies for breakfast sometimes too. And sometimes it fills me up, sometimes not. I do use greek yogurt and protein powder in mine. And occassionally, if I don't have any greek yogurt, I use lowfat cottage cheese instead. (No, you can't taste it...the berries and half a banana cover it right up).

Other good breakfast ideas would be hard boiled eggs, peanut butter toast, spinach and ham in an omelet with a side of fruit, oatmeal, the list is endless. Just pick things you like and measure, measure, measure and record everything.

I like the Jimmy Dean Delightful breakfast muffins (basically an egg mcmuffin with turkey sausage). I also like to toast 2 slices of sara lee light bread and put peanut butter on one slice and (low fat or fat free) cheese on the other and then make them a toasted sandwich - I know it sounds gross but it's actually pretty tasty!

If you are on pinterest (or not) search breakfast ideas....tons of things on there that you can make ahead of time, so you just grab and go on busy days!
  • skyeliz525
    skyeliz525 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My bad! You actually asked for healthy lunches!

tuna on a spinach salad with lots of veggies
    a low carb wrap with the meat of your choice, veggies and hummus
    grilled chicken on a salad

If you are someone who eats out a lot at lunch...use the food tracker to pre-determine what might be a good choice. Always ask for dressing on the side.

I have been trying to make better lunch choices, so I have decided this is the best way for me. Over the weekend, I make a small list of things I want to bring to work for lunch. Then I go to the store, buy what I need and when I get home, I make 2 bags for my work week...one that has to be refrigerated and one that doesn't. On Monday morning, I grab both bags and am set for the week. This week, I have sliced turkey, low carb wheat wraps, spinach, hummus, baby carrots and celery, reduced fat string cheese and apples for a snack (if I need one). And I eat the same thing everyday for lunch that week. That way I'm not tempted to over do it. I do vary my choices from week to week though!