strange or funny brushes with the law??

Options
I was just reminded of this incident with my ex boyfriend joel while reading fmls.

Joel some friends and I were drinking at home and decided to order pizza. His friend dared him to flash the pizza guy when he got there. I begged him not to but they were set on it. Guys lol. Well pizza guy gets there joel yanks down his pants flashes him **** and all. They laugh I hit joel and ***** whatever. Well 4 hours later joel and I are doing the deed when someone starts knocking on the door. We ignored it figured it was unexpected friend. Then saw flashlights in window it was cops! The pizza guy called the cops! They lectured joel and all then got our ids and saw I was underage and they saw us sleeping together!! My parents had to sign a waiver not to press charges for statutory rape. Total nightmare.

Anyone else get in trouble for something funny/ stupid.??

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    i got pulled over by 4 police cars as i was driving home from the beach in a bikini. they had a description of the car i drove at the time and accused me of harboring a drug dealer in my trunk.......i had to get patted down in a bikini.....needless to say...they had the wronnggg car! grrrrr. they let me go with a " have a great weekend" yeah...im still traumatized.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Part of my training this summer (1/2 Ironman this month) was doing long walks of 4-5 miles every Sunday night. One night, when I was a few blocks from home, with my headphones on and blaring, a sensed a car inching along a little behind me. I turned to find a police car slowly stalking me. The police man got out and asked me what I was doing. Keep in mind, it's just starting to get dark in the summer, so maybe it's about 9pm.

"Just going for a walk"

"Have you been going in any back yards?"

"uh, no."

"You fit the description of someone reported prowling around"

"what, bald?"

"Short, white bald man"

"Who you callin' short moth----er" (I didn't actually say that, but I wanted to - what I actually said was, "well,... it wasn't me")

"Can you tell me how long you've been out?"

It was at this point that I was REALLY glad that I'd put on my Garmin before leaving the house.

"Why, yes, officer, I can. One hour, 16 minutes and 47 seconds." - no lie, I actually read off the seconds. "I can also show you precisely where I've been during that time." Big grin on my face at this point.

"oh....."

"Where to you live"

"Just down the street at 6...[like I'm putting my actual address on the internet]"

"Your name?"

I stated my name, and he proceeded to ask a few more questions that were clearly targeted at judging my level of honesty and probably figuring out if I was high or drunk, then let me go.

I loved the look on his face when I pulled up my arm, displaying the GPS watch and rattled off the time. Classic.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    The other one wasn't as fun, but just as memorable.

Let's just say that a certain level of excitement is likely to follow when you are the first one out the door after the bartender accidentally triggers the silent alarm just after closing time.

I have firsthand knowledge of what it feels like to have a shotgun pointed at your head.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Grew up in a small town.
    Local police officers and parents were friends.
    Long story short...
    I was taken to JAIL and locked up for an expired car registration because I didn't register the car after my parents told me too.

Ha ha ha Mom and Dad - very funny!
    I can't wait to pick your nursing home.
    ROFLMAO
  • lookingforsomething
    Options
    When I was about 16 - coming home late at night when I should have already been at home - flagging down what I though was a taxi in the pouring rain - turns out to be a cop car.
    Told them that I was fine, thought that they were a taxi and I was just trying to get home - no problem they say - we'll drive you home - can't let you get soaking wet!
    Only night in my life that Dad ever went outside to have a smoke - so he is standing on the front verandah when the cop car pulls up and lets me out.

Didn't go over so well when I tried to explain it - but the cops loved the coffee and cake that Dad made me get them!
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    When I was 15, about 10 friends and I were playing Truth or Dare. I was dared to go down by the curb where a wooden sign and fence were, crawl around like a dog and pretend to take a leak on the wood...for the passing of three vehicle. Wouldn't you know it...the very first car to go by was a U.S Marshall. He stopped his vehicle, got out and started asking me what I was doing. I tried explaining why I was there, pointed to where my friends were...but since they all scattered when he stopped his car....he did not believe me! For my own 'safety", he cuffed me and put me in the back of his car.
    He then took me to the local precinct where my BFF's Dad was CHIEF OF POLICE! The U.S. Marshall thought I needed psychological testing! It took over 7 hours to get the situation figured out! It was awful. And, until my 25th birthday, they kept my name and pic on the board of residents to be "aware" of. I was harrassed quite often until then...and it started up again when i moved back to the area a few years ago! Found out my pic is STILL on that board!!!!!!!!!!
  • heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When I was 15, about 10 friends and I were playing Truth or Dare. I was dared to go down by the curb where a wooden sign and fence were, crawl around like a dog and pretend to take a leak on the wood...for the passing of three vehicle. Wouldn't you know it...the very first car to go by was a U.S Marshall. He stopped his vehicle, got out and started asking me what I was doing. I tried explaining why I was there, pointed to where my friends were...but since they all scattered when he stopped his car....he did not believe me! For my own 'safety", he cuffed me and put me in the back of his car.
    He then took me to the local precinct where my BFF's Dad was CHIEF OF POLICE! The U.S. Marshall thought I needed psychological testing! It took over 7 hours to get the situation figured out! It was awful. And, until my 25th birthday, they kept my name and pic on the board of residents to be "aware" of. I was harrassed quite often until then...and it started up again when i moved back to the area a few years ago! Found out my pic is STILL on that board!!!!!!!!!!

LMFAO! Dianne! That explains a lot... jk! jk! :)
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Woow, you all had it worse than me. I was told to say the alphabet because it was late at night.

Then I was pulled over when a friend of mine and I used to drive to Boston all the time late at night. This particular night I was supposed to be the next town over. We got pulled over when we were going exactly the speed limit. My friend didn't have a permit even I don't think.. I thought we were screwed. I'm like if they go in the car we are absolutely screwed!! Well I tell the officer I don't feel good. He says you on any meds. Hey, it was his idea. Yeah, I am on paxil and it is making me dizzy. Now go straight home girls!!!! Thank-God, but a close one for sure!!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    A friend & I were out driving around one night, stopped by a liquor store that we knew sold to minors & picked up a 6-pack of wine coolers. I felt so BIG, driving a car & being able to buy alcohol that I was not paying attention & lifted the wine cooler up to take a swig as we went through an intersection. Waiting at the light was a cop & he turned his lights on us as we got through the intersection. I was not fined for drinking & driving (unlike what would happen today) & just had to pour them out in the gutter. I took my friend home, after agreeing that this would NOT be something that we would EVER talk about again & making her promise that we would NOT tell our parents about.

Another time, we were out driving the lower hills of our home town. We were in my '76 Chevy Camaro & had gone pretty high up on this dirt road when we passed a sign that surprised us. I can't remember EXACTLY what it said - but it was something to do with a horse trail. That is when we realized the dirt road that we were driving on was NOT made for cars. My friend got out of the car & directed me as I backed down the horse trail that we had been driving on. When we got back on the main road, she climbed back into the car & we drove a little ways before pulling over because both of us were shaking.

Years later, I end up marrying a deputy sheriff & have been a good girl ever since.
  • redstar7
    redstar7 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had moved into an apartment with one other friend, and one night, at around one in the morning, we hear a banging on the door, she goes to answer and was greeted with cops with their guns drawn and a search warrant. I was rudely pulled out of bed by three cops, two with guns drawn and one with a flashlight. As our little 900 sq ft apartment was thoroughly searched, cupboards and drawers included we were finally informed of the situation.

Apparently, there was a murder down the street, and the suspects last known address was our new apartment.

They ended the night, with, "Have a good night!" And another saying, "yeah, that's not likely"
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I had moved into an apartment with one other friend, and one night, at around one in the morning, we hear a banging on the door, she goes to answer and was greeted with cops with their guns drawn and a search warrant. I was rudely pulled out of bed by three cops, two with guns drawn and one with a flashlight. As our little 900 sq ft apartment was thoroughly searched, cupboards and drawers included we were finally informed of the situation.

Apparently, there was a murder down the street, and the suspects last known address was our new apartment.

They ended the night, with, "Have a good night!" And another saying, "yeah, that's not likely"
    so similar to my story...lol
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Back in the 80's. Living in an Apartment. Between wives. I'm in an altered state about 2am, listening to Pink Floyd. I hear a helicopter, but I'm listening to Pink Floyd, so I think it's the music. Unbeknownst to me at this time, a guy had tried to rob the Pizza Hut on the corner. Cops had surrounded the place, before he could make his getaway. He's young and says he won't come out until they bring his girlfriend down to talk to him. Guess what? His girlfriend is out on a date and they can't find her. (Before cell phones)

How does this affect me? Well, as the Helicopter sound increases, I finally realize it's not Pink Floyd and decide to go outside and investigate. I slip on all black, like the ninja that my drug induced state leads me to believe I am and slip out the apartment. Quietly. Ninja-like. Slip down the stairs, undetected. Along the front of the building. Stealthy. As I hug the front of the building and creep quietly through the ivy that is along the front of the building, I can see activity at the end of the street. I am moving closer towards the activity, when I hear a voice at my feet. "Go back inside your apartment, sir." WTF? I look down and there is a cop with a rifle at my feet, sighting in on Pizza Hut. I turned around and ninja'd my a ss back up the stairs and turned down the music.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Back in the 80's. Living in an Apartment. Between wives. I'm in an altered state about 2am, listening to Pink Floyd. I hear a helicopter, but I'm listening to Pink Floyd, so I think it's the music. Unbeknownst to me at this time, a guy had tried to rob the Pizza Hut on the corner. Cops had surrounded the place, before he could make his getaway. He's young and says he won't come out until they bring his girlfriend down to talk to him. Guess what? His girlfriend is out on a date and they can't find her. (Before cell phones)

How does this affect me? Well, as the Helicopter sound increases, I finally realize it's not Pink Floyd and decide to go outside and investigate. I slip on all black, like the ninja that my drug induced state leads me to believe I am and slip out the apartment. Quietly. Ninja-like. Slip down the stairs, undetected. Along the front of the building. Stealthy. As I hug the front of the building and creep quietly through the ivy that is along the front of the building, I can see activity at the end of the street. I am moving closer towards the activity, when I hear a voice at my feet. "Go back inside your apartment, sir." WTF? I look down and there is a cop with a rifle at my feet, sighting in on Pizza Hut. I turned around and ninja'd my a ss back up the stairs and turned down the music.

^^ Hahaha! Love this :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I spent a night in a French jail near Paris - no shoelaces, belt, tie or anything I could injure myself with. I was also handcuffed to a pipe for about 3 hours. The reasons? Abusive controls of foreigners (not me) where I spoke up against the controls (racially biased controls of non-white foreigners)and when called for it (and filmed by friend) they turned on us and took us in.

My friend's movie was part of the case that changed the "garde a vue" laws in France and highlighted certain abuse of immigrants.

The funny thing was that we were thrown into the adolescent "tank" because they did not want us "exciting" the "immigrants". I was in a suit and when the court appointed lawyer saw me, at three in the morning, he was grinning ear to ear, he figured something was up. He actually pleaded with us to let him work on the case.

If you can read French - http://www.france24.com/fr/20120705-france-cour-cassation-garde-a-vue-motif-immigration-clandestins-sans-papiers
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    Part of my training this summer (1/2 Ironman this month) was doing long walks of 4-5 miles every Sunday night. One night, when I was a few blocks from home, with my headphones on and blaring, a sensed a car inching along a little behind me. I turned to find a police car slowly stalking me. The police man got out and asked me what I was doing. Keep in mind, it's just starting to get dark in the summer, so maybe it's about 9pm.

"Just going for a walk"

"Have you been going in any back yards?"

"uh, no."

"You fit the description of someone reported prowling around"

"what, bald?"

"Short, white bald man"

"Who you callin' short moth----er" (I didn't actually say that, but I wanted to - what I actually said was, "well,... it wasn't me")

"Can you tell me how long you've been out?"

It was at this point that I was REALLY glad that I'd put on my Garmin before leaving the house.

"Why, yes, officer, I can. One hour, 16 minutes and 47 seconds." - no lie, I actually read off the seconds. "I can also show you precisely where I've been during that time." Big grin on my face at this point.

"oh....."

"Where to you live"

"Just down the street at 6...[like I'm putting my actual address on the internet]"

"Your name?"

I stated my name, and he proceeded to ask a few more questions that were clearly targeted at judging my level of honesty and probably figuring out if I was high or drunk, then let me go.

I loved the look on his face when I pulled up my arm, displaying the GPS watch and rattled off the time. Classic.

priceless!!
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    Warrant out for my arrest in VA.. enough said :noway:
  • shawnp80134
    Options
    Virginia Beach, Virginia (complaments of the US Navy) my friends and I were walking along the boardwalk after drinking quiet a bit, when we happened upon 5 people being frisked against the wall by a couple of Shore Patrol officers, my mouth got the better of me and I asked the guys being frisked "how's it going?". Shore Patrol grabbed me, threw me against the wall, and I got a ride in the paddy wagon along with the other 5 down to the police station where I spent the night. The next day I was released to my Ship, sitting in front of my Commanding Officer's office, I met a friend who worked in the CO's office, he told me they had already reviewed my case and that nothing was going to happen to me. Well, it sure makes a big difference when you are being yelled at by your Commanding Officer, told that they don't know what they are going to be able to do..this that and whatever... and all the while I already knew, everything was going to be fine. Leason learned.. never ask someone being arrested "how's it going?"
  • Chopshopcop
    Chopshopcop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I got 25 years worth of stories from the other side; Hollywood can't make up half the stuff that has really happened. Like the drunk guy that wanted my permission to leave his wife and go off drinking some more. The guy that got pepper-gassed in the face and popped his glass eye out, wiped it off and stuck it back in his head. The violent mental patient that told me I was tickling her titty as 50,000 volts of Taser were being applied; she ripped out the probes and fought 3 of us. The great snake round-up of '93; possums in the toilet; the uncountable number of drunks and DUI's and their antics. The guy that faked suicide by painting the side of his head with nail polish and firing a shot out the window, the guy that faked a drive-by cuz he shot himself in the arm playing with a loaded gun....There ain't enough time in the day to tell of some of the things I've seen.