I wonder where the extra willpower came from : )

Options
So I started the day believing I was going to the gym, and ended up surprising my kids and taking them out for the day. We did some walking around the outlet malls and really didn't have any kind of solid plan, so instead of eating really late we decided it would be easier to eat out. For me, it's usually the wrong answer. I tried to put in my food diary what I ate, and wasn't so proud of myself. I'm not one to whine about the mistakes I made, but I splurged and man did I feel sick! This is nothing like I usually eat, and I chalked it up to a "learning" experience since I won't forget the pain I was in. We got home, and even though I really felt like going to bed, I dropped off the kids and hit the gym. 45 minutes later I felt like a new woman. I am so proud of myself for not letting the little voice in my head convince me to give up and go to bed!! Each week I find myself more and more accountable for what I eat and the activities I do. Thanks to MFP for having all these great tricks at our fingertips!! And thanks to everyone on this site for motivating me!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    That's awesome. I think it comes when we see the success of others as well as our own successes. We can do this. We can be fit and healthy and look good too. Great job today.
  • imabhealthy
    imabhealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    great choice! you are an inspiration...
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I almost feel like working out at this late hour! (Almost!)
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    LOL, almost, huh? So many days I try to drive by the gym, and I am just thankful that I keep pulling in! This time around I am seeing results, the scale is moving, and I feel GREAT!! I don't want to give up again. I know I don't have to be a big chick forever, this is a choice, and I choose to keep working on it! I am just excited for myself, and for everyone else here that makes the effort to do this every day!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yeah, "almost", and in the time that I've been sitting here, I obviously could have gotten off my butt, and did the other 1/2 of my workout that I never got to doing today!! :embarassed:

By the way, I love your positive attitude!
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    Thank you :happy:
    I've had a negative attitude about losing weight long enough. I never found the "magic pill" and when those false advertisements screwed up my metabolism even worse I blamed my parents, myself, God, well, anything and everything except the fact that I wasn't really getting off my butt and MOVING. SO, now i'm moving and it's paying off. I just want to succeed and have energy...I don't want to sit around and watch my life pass me by anymore, I really want to be a part of it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!