Busy Mom, College Student, and Business Owner

Options
I recently got married on May 26th and since then I have been trying to lose weight instead of gain. I am an Independent Scentsy Family Consultant with businesses such as Scentsy Fragrances, Velata, and Grace Adele. I am also an Independent Mary Kay Consultant. While maintaining my businesses, I also attend school part time and have a full time job. With all of this being said, I find it hard to find time to work out. But, also I understand that it is easy to make excuses because we all need at least a 30 min. break to ourselves. I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure, in which made me realize that I need to track my weight, foods, and exercise. With doing these things, I lost 6lbs within that first week. Now, I am wanting to stay encouraged because I have lost focus. If there are any encouraging things to help me please let me know.

Replies

• skymichele
    skymichele Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It helps me to track my food daily. If I forget to do it at a meal, I make a point of doing it before bed. If I go over my daily allowance, I don't beat myself up about it, I just know what NOT to do the next day. Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to!
  • Shantay85
    Shantay85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks! I will add you and thanks for the positive outlook.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Log everything you eat down to the last bite!
    Stay within your calorie goal
    Make exercise a health priority!! (I know you have a lot of irons in the fire but maybe cut back? It may reduce stress, that along with exercise will help your blood pressure)
    Watch your sodium
    Drink lot's of water
    :flowerforyou:
  • Shantay85
    Shantay85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lizzie! I do think that I should cut back. I will remember to log everything. :)