Some ideas for low calorie dinners!?

Options
What types of dinners do you all eat?? I am getting kind of bored with mine!

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    i don't really make low-cal. I just eat less of whatever I normally would have. Dinner doesn't change for me, I just eat less.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Cut two flat out wraps in half, grab some spinach, shredded cheese, tomatoes, black olives and baked/boiled chicken. Toss it all together (with whatever ingredients you like, those are just what I like!) and have a huge dinner with 4 large tacos for under 500 cal. :)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    lean meat & veggies
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm in a rut, too, with too many grab 'n go mini-meals lately.

I need to get back to cold weather cooking: soups, stews, veggie cutlets with roasted veggies, stir-fries, shepherd's pie, etc.
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I make chicken spaghetti, beef with rice, etc..then I just add vegetables. I don't make low calorie dinners, I just have smaller portions and try to have more vege's with it. I considered a low calorie dinner as salad...hahaha. But now that I have the Hungry Girl Cookbook.... I know my views will be changing.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i alternate making these recipes for dinner, i substitute with healthier ingredients. they are also all vegetarian friendly and made with meatless grounds, fake chicken, etc but you can use real meat of course.

stuffed peppers (either use stuffing or a taco like filling)
    stroganoff (reduced fat cream of mushroom & sour cream)
    stuffed shells
    fettucini alfredo (made with fat free milk & light laughing cow cheese)
    taco salad (i don't use tortilla chips with it, just put everything on romaine lettuce)
    enchiladas
    sweet potato burritos
    pierogi w/ veggies
    quinoa risotto
    greek tortellini salad
    black bean quesadilla
    shirataki stir fry
    pasta w/ roasted red pepper sauce
    pesto pizza
    penne w/ pesto chicken
    sweet & sour seitan or chicken w/ veggies
    hummus & quinoa wrap
    bbq flavored seitan/chicken avocado wrap
    stuffed zucchini boats
    spaghetti with mushrooms garlic & oil
    portobello burgers
    shepherds pie

my meals are usually no more than 350 cal per serving, close to 400 at the most. you can pretty much make anything you want, just make healthier substitutions, don't cook using a lot of butter or bad fats, and add in veggies to make it healthier and filling.

you can go to skinnytaste.com as well, they have lots of different recipes that you can tweak to make however you like.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    lean meat & veggies
    ^ This. I eat stir-fry at least 3 times per week for dinner. Switch it up between chicken, shrimp and beef. You can use all fresh veggies or if pressed for time buy frozen bags of stir-fry veggies and add your own meat. I usually add more red & green peppers, mushrooms and broccoli because I like them so much.
  • suzysioux
    suzysioux Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight -
    Roast Peppers stuffed with couscous/red onion/balsamic vinegar
    Home made fries made with a few sprays of spray light oil
    Salad Veggies
    Homemade low fat coleslaw.

Tried to post a picture of this-no luck-somebody please tell me how?
  • KLPlatinum
    Options
    Every week I make about 2 to 3 recipes from skinnytaste.com. I have yet to find a recipe that I didn't like. The soups recipes are wonderful. The low cal baked potato soup is my favorite.
  • Meghann218
    Meghann218 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are on pinterest but got some really good recipes off that and have followed others with great low cal recipes and some are easy making. Feel free to add....my username is: megamomof2
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    i don't really make low-cal. I just eat less of whatever I normally would have. Dinner doesn't change for me, I just eat less.

Same for me. I still eat pizza, lasagna, casseroles, stews, steak, potatoes, etc. I just dish up less than I used to and supplement with veggies or a salad on the side.
  • KatdenRN
    Options
    skinnytaste.com :bigsmile:
  • leilamarchi
    Options
    lean meat & veggies
    ^ This. I eat stir-fry at least 3 times per week for dinner. Switch it up between chicken, shrimp and beef. You can use all fresh veggies or if pressed for time buy frozen bags of stir-fry veggies and add your own meat. I usually add more red & green peppers, mushrooms and broccoli because I like them so much.

Or tofu or tempeh or seitan, for the veggies out there ;) Those stir-fry really well too!
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    A couple of my favorite dinners:

- Baked sweet potato with black beans, spinach, tomato, red onions, a little cheddar, and salsa

- Stir fry veggies with a little teriyaki marinade, and brown rice (if I need some more protein, I'll add tofu!)

- Salad with chickpeas, sunflower seeds or almonds, a boiled egg, and then packed with any tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, carrots, snap peas, etc. I have on hand, plus half an avocado

- Leftover or fresh brown rice mixed with a little rice vinegar and ginger, then add shredded nori (seaweed paper used for sushi), chopped cucumbers, edamame (soy beans), and avocado

- French onion soup with a slice of toasted baguette or french bread
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    What types of dinners do you all eat?? I am getting kind of bored with mine!

Dinner the other night was based on a dish we had all read on the menu at a restaurant in San Francisco that looked really good. So we recreated it.

Coffee rubbed pork tenderloin
    Maple scented (Joseph's sugar free maple syrup) pumpkin / sweet potato puree
    Braised kale and fennel with a fig balsamic reduction

Total calories: I had about 300 / My friend about 370 with seconds) / my friends husband who plate was piled a bit higher had much more because he is 6'2" and has a much bigger calorie budget.

We are all maintaining so are no longer in the weight loss phase. Part of maintaining is having some low calorie meals to balance out high calorie meals.

Leaving enough calories for a glass of excellent Oregon Pinot.
    porkloindinner_zpsa683bad6.jpg
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :smile: Turkey cutlets fresh veggies brown rice:smile:

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you mean my low calorie. My low-cal dinners are anything under 500 calories. A family favorite is smoked sausage, sliced and pan-simmered, with cheese tortellini and marinara, and the frozen veggies marked "Italian mix."
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump ... great dinner ideas guys!! =)