Newbie from STL! :)

Options
Hello all my weight loss friends!
I was suggested to use this site because I am at a plateau on my weight loss. I have lost 22 pounds so far and ready to get another 20pds off. I hope this will help me achieve my goals.
I do workout with weights 3x a week, running 3 miles a day. I have been in a 5k, 10k and getting ready for a 1/2 marathon come up in April. I hope to have half the weight I am now before that 1/2 marathon. :)

Replies

• bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Welcome, cakelady! This is a great site and the info and people have helped me tremendously!
  • Jujubeez330
    Options
    Hi there! I love your screen name lol. Good luck in your training, I also just started here. I am trying to teach myself how to run. I walked over 3 miles today and ran not quite 1/3 of that distance, but it's a start!
  • thecakelady
    Options
    Hi there! I love your screen name lol. Good luck in your training, I also just started here. I am trying to teach myself how to run. I walked over 3 miles today and ran not quite 1/3 of that distance, but it's a start!

I know kind of ironic that I make cakes and trying to lose weight. lol That is great that you are walking/running..good luck and keep me posted on your progress. :)
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cakelady!!!

I just joined a week ago and so far am very happy with this site. You are doing great already....keep it up! I do walking myself and try to run part of it, I am having problems controling my breathing though. I am working on that part, I would love to be able to run. Sounds like you will meet your goal no problem.