Bulkying

Options
Is anyone else trying to gain weight? I hate that MFP only tracks lbs lost when my progress is measure (partially) my lbs gained.

-Powerlifter, and aspiring all-natural Figure competitor and fitness model.

SW: 93lbs
CW: 113lbs lately but 111lbs this morning
GW: 120lbs by end of January
UGW: 125lbs

Replies

• swolegirlcb
    Options
    Sorry I spelled bulking wrong lol. Oh well! Hope I find someone trying to build and gain too!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain as well, slowly.

This really is more of a weight lsos than fitness site
  • swolegirlcb
    Options
    It's unfortunate since tracking calories is important for anyone trying to transform their body, no matter HOW they want it to change. And heck, it is called myFITNESSpal! Oh well.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Loads of people are, including myself, you just have to find them.

It's annoying the tracker only works properly for loss, but everything else still works, so it does the job.
  • swolegirlcb
    Options
    Unfortnately only males have posted so far, and I'm a girl lol. Looking for other women who are trying to gain weight.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I think bulking works the same for guys and girls!

I get that you want female friends though, just be patient, there are some around, but clearly not as many as the people wanting to loose weight.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to gain weight however you can set your MFP goals to show that you want to gain and it will adjust your calories accordingly.
  • swolegirlcb
    Options
    I am not trying to gain weight however you can set your MFP goals to show that you want to gain and it will adjust your calories accordingly.

The MFP recommended settings are horrible. I've set my own macros, I'm not worried about that. I would like a ticker to show my progress though. When I gain it just say "0lbs lost" lol!
  • swolegirlcb
    Options
    bump
  • nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Look into carb backloading by Keifer;

Works exceptionally well and for women too... you should be able to gain muscle and get leaner at the same time.

http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/2031/18-months-of-carb-back-loading-with-julia-ladewski/

Rice and sweet potatoes are a good place to start and 3 - 500 cals over maintenance as a start and adjust after the first month.

This is a great calculator for working out cals and macros: http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Look into carb backloading by Keifer;

Works exceptionally well and for women too... you should be able to gain muscle and get leaner at the same time.

http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/2031/18-months-of-carb-back-loading-with-julia-ladewski/

Rice and sweet potatoes are a good place to start and 3 - 500 cals over maintenance as a start and adjust after the first month.

This is a great calculator for working out cals and macros: http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

I'm doing CBL now, and I'm a fan of it.
    However in the book he addresses the fact that most women don't train with enough intensity for it to work as well as with men.
    And their bodies are a bit different.
    Keep in mind that julia ladewski is an exceptional female athlete, not all women are going to get the results she did, because they don't train the way she does. julia is jacked.

Still worth looking into if you train fairly hard.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I am going to refer to this as Bulkying forever!!! :heart:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to bulk and the website isn't that good for it. It should get better when its time to cut.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options

this made me smile
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Bulkying! Yes!

If you lived in MA, you'd be eating lots of "bulkie" rolls hahahahahahahaha. This reformed Jersey girl was very confused when I ordered a sandwich on a roll and the guy was like "so ya want a Bulkie?"...
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You should have caught me a few months ago, but I'm cutting now.

I've never used any of this site's tools except for the diary anyway.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I did last winter. Gained 10lbs. Still haven't gotten back down to where I was when I started though. I suck at "cutting".
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Right?

Though as my little girl likes to say "Daddy has to eat all the food because he's Hulking."
  • selfsmarted
    Options
    im bulkying as well.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a thread about people not supporting people who bulk lol like bullying