Healthy apple crisp?

Options
hilly215
hilly215 Posts: 87 Member
Hi all!
I'm craving apple crisp, but am in need of a healthy, good, recipe. Does anyone have one they would like to share? If it is made in the crockpot/slowcooker, even better! :laugh:
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bump: I want such a recipe as well. And if there are ones that use peaches or cherries I'd take those as well... I'm not picky!!
  • plafleur76
    plafleur76 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Something so good can not be improved upon, just workout and make up the calories. Now I want apple crisp!
  • hilly215
    Options
    @ Kyodi - LOL! Peaches would be yummy too!

and @plafleur76...point taken! :laugh: and sorry to have spread the craving! lol
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    Mini Apple Crisp Recipe
    (3 small servings)

1 medium apple
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 tablespoon oats
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Heat oven to 350 F. Peel and core the apple and chop into 1/4 inch squares. Mix in a small bowl with sugar, oats, and cinnamon and put into a small baking dish or ramekins. Bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy hot, cold, or room temperature.

50 calories, 0.2 g fat, 12.8 g carbohydrates, 0.4 g protein, 1.8 g fiber, 280 mg sodium, 1

This one is from Snack Girl's blog. I havent tried it yet.
  • hilly215
    Options
    OOOOH! both the Skinnytaste and mini apple crisp recipes look good!!! Thanks all! I knew you guys would come through for me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    Yum! Thanks. Glad to see more of a sugar free recipe with skinny taste. May try to change the brown sugar as well and make it no sugar added. Will have to try. I don't like pie, but I do like apple crisp.
  • hilly215
    Options
    Yum! Thanks. Glad to see more of a sugar free recipe with skinny taste. May try to change the brown sugar as well and make it no sugar added. Will have to try. I don't like pie, but I do like apple crisp.

Hi Trinityrecgir....What would you replace the brown sugar with? I have the splenda light brown sugar....i think (and don't quote me...the bag's at home) it's even lower in calories than the normal light brown sugar....which could also be an option. BTW, Amazing weightloss! Keep it up! :smile:
  • hilly215
    Options

I actually think I saw those on Pinterest maybe??? They look fantastic! May be cooking up an apple storm this weekend!!! :laugh:
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    bump - i hope to have time to make this later!
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I need the butter in mine!