Newbie coming on board

Options
mrg68
mrg68 Posts: 48 Member
Hi, All! My name is Marilyn. I live in Texas and although I am not exactly a new user (I opened my account about 2 years ago), this is the first time I'm really giving it a try. I am actually a die-hard, fairly successful Weight Watcher. Over the past year and half, I've managed to lose 60 lbs on their program. But I haven't made any big losses in about 8 months and I thought it was time for a change. Besides, I really do not want to spend $18.95 a month for the rest of my life in order to maintain! So since this was a free program and just as easy (if not easier) than WW, I thought I'd give it a try. I really enjoy the online support so I am looking for some new supportive friends! I have about 30 more pounds to go. I'm a 43 year old working mother of three preteen and teenage boys. They keep me hopping. I am a teacher of children of special needs and LOVE my job. If you have any similarities as me ( or not) and are looking for a supporter of your weight loss goals, let me know!

Replies

• MittenMama
    Options
    Hi Marilyn! I'm returning after a hiatus as well. Welcome back!

Hopefully it offers us both what we need to succeed this time. :-)

Let's be friends!
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi Marilyn and welcome back!
    I used to live in Katy, TX back in the 70s - love Houston and miss it!
    I was an avid Weight Watcher ( lifetime member ) and was always successful with them - eventually gained it all back though.

I am finding MFP is a better tool for me and truly enjoy the interaction with fellow "dieters" here.
    You have made the right step in re-joining, it's the perfect place to be accountable and get motivated!
    Remember to take baby steps even if it means taking it day by day or meal by meal - you can do this!
    We all need support and encouragment on this journey - please feel free to add me if you like.
    Good luck on reaching your health fitness goal!
  • mrg68
    mrg68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mitten and Tpt! The support is already wonderful! Looking forward to getting to know you both better! Tpt, when I figure out how to add friends, I'll get you on my list. LOL!
  • Invictus195
    Options
    Heck ya TEXAS!!!!! open diary here and Im on a lot. Feel free to add me :)
  • cheri62
    Options
    Like Marilyn I joined last year then never used the site. So now that I've gained the 32 pounds back that I took off last year .... I'm back. I keep putting off the "start" date, tomorrow it is! We're going on a cruise in January so I have to get on the ball and get this weight off AGAIN .... why or why does that happen? I'm going to start low carb tomorrow. Wish me luck!