Question for all those who achieved their goal or are close

Options
I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and he stated that the most effective way to get rid of cellulite is by diet and exercise. So, for all those who achieved their goal weight or are very close to it and had the unfortunate companion of cellulite, has it lessened or even better just gone away?!

As many motivations I already have, this may be an even bigger kick in the butt for me since I don't remember a time I did not have cellulite (oh yea, maybe 6th grade).

Thanks!

Replies

• farmgirlh
    Options
    I don't have nearly as much as I did before I started losing the weight. I doubt that I get rid of all of it, but it is hardly noticeable now.
  • rvkirk
    rvkirk Posts: 37
    Options
    The more weight I have lost the lesscellulite I have, I also notice my stretch marks more though. From what I understand cellulite is fat poking through the muscle tissue. Losing fat means less to show and exercise tones up the muscle so makes it harder for the fat to poke through. Some people are more prone to it than others though and will have cellulite no matter how little fat they are carrying. Good luck.
    Who is this Dr. Oz guy, heard him mentioned a few times?
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I lost almost all of it. A small amount remains right where my leg meets my butt.
  • taylorfriedchicken
    Options
    Yay! so exciting! And congrats everyone!

Dr. Oz is a cardiothoracic surgeon who was a guest on Oprah a lot, but then he got his own show. Although he specializes in heart issues, he basically knows almost EVERYTHING about ANYTHING in the health field. He helps people anywhere from a foot odor, to weight loss, to ear infections. I would go to tvguide.com and see when he is on in your area. He is charming and knows his stuff and it is a great talk show that actually inspires me when there are segments on weight loss/fitness/nutrition.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I am so excited for the cellulite to be lessened. I find that mine goes down a little as soon as I get back on track with regular workouts and vigorous walks--like the blood flow to the area helps matters or something. Unfortunately, I have this one giant dimple of cellulite that just never goes away--even when I was in peak condition. The good news is that it is one of my butt cheeks--so not many people will ever see it!