Anyway to up my calories on my food journal for nursing?

Options
MFP gave me 1200 calories to reach my goal weightloss but I am breastfeeding my newborn daughter. I know I have to have 500 extra calories a day for my milk supply. I have not been doing my food journal because it wil say that I am over eating everyday. Is there any way to adjust my calories on there?

Replies

• MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    MyHome.... Goals... Change it manually.
  • mispotatohead
    mispotatohead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can manually adjust your daily goal. Or you can add a -500 to quick add only calories to offset the difference - it will add the calories back in. You can also set up a food item with -500 calories.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    when you go to goals, there's an option to manually do it.
  • taooftulips
    taooftulips Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You add it to your food- type in breastfeeding and options come up for how frequently you are and just add it to your day- it gives you the extra calories that way
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    There are at least 30 entries for "breastfeeding" in the database that give you more calories based on age/exclusivity or volume.
  • svazquez820
    svazquez820 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the baby! As for your question go to goals and manually adjust your calories :)
  • mrsRhughes
    Options
    Like a few others have said, search for 'breastfeeding' under the FOOD options! There are a bunch of different calorie amounts you can deduct. If you breastfeed exclusively, you can use the -500 option :)