Forced cheat day

Options
I love pizza! I mean I LOVE PIZZA, in my prime if you can call it that I could/would/probably still can eat an entire large to myself. Anyway I have been on this diet train and it is going well, salads, egg whites, no sweets, no FREAKING pizza! My boss today, well guess what he buys for office lunch..........yep pizza. Warm, saucy, cheesy, pizza. Lots o toppings too, dense crust. MMMMMM awesome stuff. So should I be mad that he forced me into a cheat day? Because it goes with out saying I cheated today. Now instead of my customary large all to myself pizza, I only had 2 pieces. Still though.............

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    2 pieces? GTFO and finish your pizza!!!!
  • mikedurham76
    Options
    Oh trust me i want to devour the whole thing ,,,,,
  • mfp116
    mfp116 Posts: 108
    Options
    oh im with you here! words cannot explain my love for pizza!!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Dude, you're fine!! If I didn't have buffalo wings (the whole basket) and some beers every couple weeks I'd have a meltdown. Enjoy it! Don't stress yourself out!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    If you're under your calories, you're not cheating. There's no reason why you can't have things you like, as long as you learn to like them in moderation. IMHO.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    yum nom nom nom
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with two pieces of pizza on occasion. I suspect most of us aren't on here because we eat two pieces of pizza once in a while, and eat well otherwise. Just a hunch! :) Fit in an extra thirty minute work out tonight and Pizza, Be Gone! LOL
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I would have had AT LEAST 3 pieces....love pizza!!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    So should I be mad that he forced me into a cheat day?

Really? he forced you to have a cheat day? I think you're the only one that decides that for you. And I agree with the above poster-if you're under your calories, you're fine. I've had pizza since I started my lifestyle change (I refuse to call it a diet cause it's not-at least to me) earlier this summer and I'm still losing weight. If I want it-I fit it into my day.

You should be proud of yourself for having 2 slices and not the whole pizza like you would have before
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    If you're under your calories, you're not cheating. There's no reason why you can't have things you like, as long as you learn to like them in moderation. IMHO.

A-freaking-MEN.

2 slices is moderation, if you feel bad burn some calories at the gym later.

This is not a cheat. Weight loss = calories in vs calories out, just make sure you eat what myfitnesspal tells you too and then eat some of your exercise calories back... You will lose weight. No worries, this is not some "strict diet" It's lifestyle changes.

Sidenote;

Pizza is AMAZING hudssafsfekmskdskdhs

Lol
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Instead of having 'safe' foods and foods that you're not allowing yourself to have, just eat what you want in moderation. Of course you can work to be healthier, but living so strictly really breaks most people down in the long run.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

^^^^This!! Log it and make it fit into your calorie goal, exercise to earn some extra calories if necessary. I couldn't do this if I had to eat boring food ALL the time!
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    First off you weren't forced... You chose...

Second... If you are under your calories it's ok... I eat stuff all the time that most people consider "bad"... But I'm not on a diet... So nothing is bad... I just live with moderation
  • mikedurham76
    Options
    To clarify I realize it was my choice to eat them so technically I wasnt forced I was adding humor to a rant.:laugh:
  • sheribrasington
    Options
    This is great. You done good only havng a few slices. Everyone deserves a cheat day, believe it or not when I take a day to eat something I really want I feel satisfied and undepribed and I actually lose weight the following day. I think it helps to have a high calorie/carb day and back off a little the following day. Good discipline!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

THIS^^
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I never really thought of pizza as "bad" bread, sauce, cheese (okay so the pepperoni may not be ideal) but mostly all foods with nutritional value.

We're here to lead a better, happier, healthier life... not a life of utter deprivation.
    It's really hard to MAINTAIN utter deprivation.

Part of life is dealing with social functions. I try to put the focus on the social rather than on the food. But if I'm going to eat it I'm going to enjoy it.

If my eating habits interfere with enjoying my friends and family, what's the sense in living longer.