CA active places and events

Options
I live in central CA and thought it'd be a good idea to try to connect with more California people so that we can share ideas about active events around here, trails, places to go, things like that. I do a lot of things like mud runs, 5ks, and exploring around the coast and mountains, always looking for more active friends on here and ideas about spots to see and things to do :)

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I am in Southern Cali myself, but love this idea. I don't do 5ks or mud runs (not there yet) but I want to and love hiking.
  • Jksonoma
    Jksonoma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I live in the L.A. area, a couple miles from the ocean, having just recently moved here from the mid-west. I love the possibilities here....ocean, mountains, desert...so much to explore! So I am open to sharing and learning more from others as well. I am doing my first 5K next weekend in Rolling Hills, which is on the Palos Verdes Peninsula in L.A. county. It is supposed to be quite scenic with ocean views and...rolling hills, oh boy.
    Feel free to add me...I just joined and haven't gotten around to making friends yet....
  • CortneyDub
    CortneyDub Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I live in the L.A. area, a couple miles from the ocean, having just recently moved here from the mid-west. I love the possibilities here....ocean, mountains, desert...so much to explore! So I am open to sharing and learning more from others as well. I am doing my first 5K next weekend in Rolling Hills, which is on the Palos Verdes Peninsula in L.A. county. It is supposed to be quite scenic with ocean views and...rolling hills, oh boy.
    Feel free to add me...I just joined and haven't gotten around to making friends yet....

That sounds awesome! Have a good time, the 5ks here in Modesto aren't so scenic :/ but I'll travel for a fun activity. I just went to Tahoe for Tough Mudder, going to Sacramento for another run in 2 weeks, and day trips/weekend getaways to the coast, mountains, rivers, trails, etc is my favorite thing to do :)
  • CortneyDub
    Options
    I am in Southern Cali myself, but love this idea. I don't do 5ks or mud runs (not there yet) but I want to and love hiking.

They're really fun! And honestly anyone can do them, most are designed to just be challenging and fun :)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

They're really fun! And honestly anyone can do them, most are designed to just be challenging and fun :)

Thanks! I just started the C25K program earlier this week, so I'm as soon as a graduate that I'm doing one!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I live in Sacramento, and I am kinda up on activities. I have many friends who do serious biking in the Sierra foothills and my wife runs a lot of races (The Urban Cow Half Marathon, in Sacto., this weekend. The California International Marathon in a month, etc.). Feel free to friend me!
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I live in the Bay Area :) We can be friends, I share my adventures a lot. Lafayette reservoir, Dipsy trail, swimming at Lake Berryessa.
  • CortneyDub
    Options
    Thanks I've sent some requests :)
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Fresno here. Nothing too "scenic" in town, but we have Millerton Lake near by and pretty close for hiking in Yosemite, etc.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Nice pic, I can see PV in the background! My old stomping grounds (my parents still live up there).
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I live in L.A. near Griffith Park and Dodger Stadium. There's some fantastic hidden stairways in my neighborhood that I like exploring while walking my dog.
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I live in Sacto region...feel free to add me :smile:
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm also in SoCal, but always looking for more cali pals!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Noooo! It's a trap!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'm in SoCal too! Feel free to add me. I live in wine country (Temecula)
  • Stila562
    Options
    I live in Long Beach,Ca :)
  • CortneyDub
    Options

Noooo! It's a trap!

?