Where do you put your keys and phone?

Options

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Most races will offer a bag check, I leave my wallet & cell locked in the car (or leave my wallet at home if I ride to the start on my bike) and put my keys etc in my backpack & check it in.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I hold my phone... I use it to track my milage and listen to music (I really do need to invest in an armband tho).

As for keys, I take the main one I need (either my car or house key) and put it in a little pocket that is attached on my running shorts/pants. Most pants and shorts designed for running have them
  • MidlifeGlowUp
    MidlifeGlowUp Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I run with a small fanny pack I bought at a local running store. It's just big enough for my smart phone and keys and ID.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I know some people think fanny packs are EWWWWW but that's what I use. :D
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    A long time ago, I learned the hard way that it really isn't a good idea to have all your keys on one single keyring. So, my house key, car key and work keys are all separate. That makes the car key thing easy - it's small enough to slip into almost any little pocket, or even into my sports bra if push came to shove.

The cell phone - I have a band that holds it.

If all that bouncing around doesn't drive you nuts, you could use a fanny pack -- but it would be far too distracting for me. :)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I know not everyone runs with his/her phone, but as a matter of safety, please consider doing so, depending on where you run. I often run trails in the woods. If I were to be injured there, it could be quite a while before someone comes along to help, so I take my phone. Just use common sense on this one.

I would never, ever, ever run a trail by myself. That is not smart, phone or no phone.

I agree.

Oh duh.. And to answer your question, I use an armband that I can slide my car key into. It's not meant to hold a key, but it fits behind my phone. I would probably use some kind of "fanny pack" for a race if my family wasn't there to hold my crap/cheer. :smile:
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I stuff em in my bra in a sammich baggie. :)
  • slightlymad13
    Options
    I too have a really small 'fanny pack' (or bum bag as we English call it!) that came from a running store. Its much smaller than your average pack so it doesn't bounce around and annoy me when I'm running....in fact quite often during the run I have a quick check to make sure its still there since I don't really feel it at all! So thats where my keys go, and it would probably fit a smallish phone too, but I use my phone to time my runs so my phone is always in my hand. The other thing I used to do with my keys before I got my pack was put a hairband onto the keyring and have that round my wrist but still run with the keys in my hand else its annoying when they jiggle about! It just meant that if they fell out of my hand they were still attached to me so I wouldn't lose them! Happy running :-)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    gym - locker
    running or outside - the phone gets left at home or car...small pockets are built into my shorts or pants for my key to car or home, no bulk for me when working out outside
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Being a cyclist does have an advantage here...biking jerseys have these nifty pockets in the back that are perfect for stowing my wallet, keys, and phone.
  • mnmoore76
    Options
    I have an arm band that carries my phone and has a small slot for up to 2 keys.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    phone in a arm band phone holder (because i also use it for music) and I shove my house key in it too. Or tie it on a string and wear it around my neck and tuck it under my shirt.

at the gym- just in the locker.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I bought an Iphone arm band with a key pocket. I need a new one though, because my key fell out this past summer and it took as a while to track it down. I discovered it would be better to have one with a zipper pocket.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I dont take anything with me (minus the ipod strapped to my arm). I have a key code to get into my car, and never thought a cellphone was a necessity. I have been known to shove a key into my bra, if need be though lol
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I bought a fanny pack at Walmart. I bought it in the fitness section. It is really slim and fits my phone, keys and ipod nicely. Barely noticable when I have it around my waist and my shirt over it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Spibelt. I have a house key on a carabiner that I clip to the belt, and put my phone (with Runkeeper, Zombies, Run!, or just my music) in the belt pouch.

If I'm going a long distance, I use a hydration belt so I can carry along a water bottle.

I have an armband, but I don't like it.
  • lanepelovsky88
    Options
    When I run I wear shorts or workout pants, with pockets. I keep my keys on my left pocket and my phone in my right.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I don't usually carry my phone when I run, but when I do, I keep it in my bra. And I have this little velcro pocket thing that attaches to my shoe laces for my car key - I think it's made my Nathan.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I am another Spibelt lover. I can fit my phone, credit card & car key inside. I've run races with it and had no issues with chafing etc. I normally run with a CamelBak which has a pocket I can carry things in.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I don't carry a phone when running. I thread my house or car key to my shoe with the shoe string. I don't run with noise.