is zumba a good workout?

Options
i need to lose 15 pounds

Replies

• mmitchell9
    Options
    Zumba is so much fun; I just got Zumba for Wii and was suprised how much fun it is. However, there nothing like being in a class. With that said, Zumba is great for cardio.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is fun and doesn't seem like hard work,but you can burn a lot of calories!
  • nina302drop
    Options
    Yes! Zumba is so great! I recently order the new Zumba DVD's...two days I have already lost 1.5lbs. Anytime I need to lose weight I turn to Zumba
  • misshaylynn
    misshaylynn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, zumba is one of my favorite classes at my gym! I usually burn between 500 to 600 calories per one hour class and time flies by! Just try it, I promise you'll enjoy it! Good luck :)
  • jordypooo
    jordypooo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thank you! guess i'll give it a try!
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    i need to lose 15 pounds

Yes! I used to do it
  • Cgrnlaw
    Cgrnlaw Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is an awesome workout.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome and a lot of fun. Definitely a good work out if you push yourself. There are some people in my zumba classes who just kind of stand there and tap their feet. You need to make sure you are doing full body movements, just keep your feet moving at all times. You can burn around 500-600 calories per hour if your pushing yourself. Although it is a good workout, your body will eventually get use to the workout and it will no longer be a challenge. That's what happened to me and I had to move on to harder classes like spin and step class. Doing zumba 2-3 times a week along with some type of weight routine would be a great start and definitely help you lose weight but eventually zumba will become easy. Sometimes I'll do it if I had a really hard workout the day before (sore) or just once in awhile for fun! Hope this helped :) Definitely recommend it.
  • wishiwerefit
    Options
    I plan to join it once I lose weight
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba-my instructor changes the set of music every couple times so it never is the same - same -same and it keeps you challenged.
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Luv it!!!!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fantastic!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Psh...YEAH! Nothin' like shaking azz and sweating!
  • smccully88
    smccully88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hence my name I am a ZUMBA lover! It is my cardio of choice! I don't even realize that I am working out for an hour it goes so fast! I have become really good friends with my Zumba instructors (I have 3 different ones) all in one facility! Definitely give it a try.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Yes!!!
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome and a lot of fun. Definitely a good work out if you push yourself. There are some people in my zumba classes who just kind of stand there and tap their feet. You need to make sure you are doing full body movements, just keep your feet moving at all times. You can burn around 500-600 calories per hour if your pushing yourself. Although it is a good workout, your body will eventually get use to the workout and it will no longer be a challenge. That's what happened to me and I had to move on to harder classes like spin and step class. Doing zumba 2-3 times a week along with some type of weight routine would be a great start and definitely help you lose weight but eventually zumba will become easy. Sometimes I'll do it if I had a really hard workout the day before (sore) or just once in awhile for fun! Hope this helped :) Definitely recommend it.

^^^^This, yes i agree great if you push yourself and have an amazing instructor, but i am getting use to it and it has become easy even with my hard instructors, so i have been incorporating other types of classes that are a bit more challenging. But i love zumba its so much fun!!!!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    It is great - I was doing is exclusively for awhile. now I've added weights with light cardio - so i do two zumba classes a week and three days of weights and treadmill.
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    YES I can not believe how much I sweat! My instructor is always adding new songs at least 3 a month to keep us on our toes.:bigsmile:
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I plan to join it once I lose weight

Don't wait.. go now, it's fun!
  • jordypooo
    jordypooo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    does anybody know an estimate of how much the classes are?