Black gay brotha in NYC - need motivation! Motivators?? LOL

Options
New to the site...I'm @ my heaviest that I've ever been - 240 lbs or so...I feel clunky and lumpy and bumpy all the time. So, I started doing something about it! I'm focusing on eating healthy (all the time, if possible), watching my portions and exercising. I've done all the diets and I even hired a personal trainer last year. All of that taught me: 1) I hate exercising and 2) I love to eat! I DO, however, know that I love to walk...so I've started walking to/from work (3.5 miles each way) and I eat the healthy foods that I love (chicken, fish, salmon, salads, fruits). But, I need friends who are on this journey as well. Let's get out and walk together sometime! Hell, sometimes, I just might need someone to talk me outta that brownie! Oh and I'm only gonna weigh myself every other week LOL

Replies

• Sooze_1975
    Sooze_1975 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight in the past by using walking as my only excercise. What you eat is just as important as the excercising tho. You can do it!! I'm not in NYC, but you can add me as a friend for support :-)
  • m6rsy
    m6rsy Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi and welcome :-) I love walking and eating too LOL Walking is the only exercise I can do without feeling I'm forcing myself into it :-) I joined MFP just a few weeks ago and it definitely has helped me stay on the straight and narrow! I'm sure you will find lots of friends here willing to cheer you on your way to a healthy life xx
  • dollflour
    Options
    I just started on the site today. I am starting out with walking only. I used to workout real hard everyday and once I fell off that wagon I fell hard! Like you I feel lumpy and bumpy!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! Friend me if you like!!!!
  • jenneal89
    jenneal89 Posts: 243
    Options
    Hi I'm not from NYC but its my #1 place to visit :) I've been on here a while and am a good motivator so feel free to add me

Edited to say: don't judge me by my food diary today. I don't normally eat like a little piggy lol
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Hey! Love the title and welcome. Add me, if you feel so inclined. Good luck!
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been on this journey for a couple years-not trying to be "biggest-quickest" looser-slow and steady wins the race, feel free to add me-I can't walk with ou though as I am in mountains of Colorado-but will try talking you out of that brownie or maybe finding a good substitute for it :smile:
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I'm not from NYC, but I would love to help keep you motivated! I've been on here for a long time and I love the MFP family and the support that I get from them. Add me as a friend if you'd like! :)

Good luck on this journey!
  • nickwylie
    Options
    Hey mate, willing to be a supporter - unfortunately cannot walk with you as I'm in New Zealand. I can help motivate though :o) Have been on MFP on and off since Feb, but have recently got depressed (again) so decided to ditch the 20odd kgs I am carrying around - thats about 44pd. Feel free to friend me :o)
  • amorales5931
    Options
    I'll friend you! I'm from NYC and live in Chicago now. I have GOT to get a grip on this weight thing - since I quit smoking, all I do is eat!
  • amvh2008
    amvh2008 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My weight has flunctuated my entire life! Once you've decided to make that change for good, you're definitely on the right track. I dont live in NYC, but Houston's food scene is just as bad lol Tell your friends, to get with my friends, and we can be friends :D
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    You'll find lots of friends here.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    FR sent!
  • Trosemims
    Trosemims Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LOL, I wish I was in NYC I'd get out and walk with you. But, I can motivate you from Texsa!!!:flowerforyou:
  • loliblullama
    loliblullama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I love making new friends on here :smile:
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you're certainly heading down the right path!! And I love NYC!!
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The key is doing the exercising you love, try lots of different things. I love to dance to I do all the dancing workouts, music will motivate me, so thats the stuff I do.... u just have to find urs.... Good luck on your journey... Add me if you like