bump
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I was logging it as 150 to be on the safe side. Recently got a HRM And it's about 240 on level 2. I'm 165 and squishy.

I do think that as you continue to do the program you need to work harder at it to get the same calorie burn. I think you really do need to feel like your gargling your heart.
  • losewazan
    losewazan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brandyorgeron
    brandyorgeron Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Using my polar ft7 I came up with 241 kcals for the full workout!
  • justalittleTLC
    justalittleTLC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KayLaul
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and around the 150lb mark, and my HRM says I burn about 140 for both levels 1 & 2 (haven't started L3 yet), which is a LOT less than MFP estimate for me if I put in circuit training!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    What the site was giving me for circuit training was way too high, which I discovered after I replaced the battery in my heart rate monitor. My first day I burned 161 calories and on a bad day it was like 145. By the end of level 2 I was burning close to 300 calories, but since I started level 3, it's been 200 to 250.
  • mrsskinnytobe
    mrsskinnytobe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    myfitnesspal gives me a lot more than JM website does so I use her formula to be sure.

Multiply 3.267 x your weight and that is how many calories burned in an hour. I then divide by 3 since the warm up and cool down are considered exercise but not intense. I get only 185 calories burned but if I use circuit on here its over 200!

3.267 x weight of 174 = 586.458/3=189.486
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    Multiply 3.267 x your weight and that is how many calories burned in an hour. I then divide by 3 since the warm up and cool down are considered exercise but not intense. I get only 185 calories burned but if I use circuit on here its over 200!

Why don't you just multiply your weight by 1.089 (3.267/3 = 1.089). It would give you the same thing.
  • SusieQ1982
    SusieQ1982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks so much, that really helps! Does the formula change for Level 2 because it is a harder work out?
  • SusieQ1982
    SusieQ1982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Why don't you just multiply your weight by 1.089 (3.267/3 = 1.089). It would give you the same thing.

thanks so much, that really helps! Does the formula change for Level 2 because it is a harder work out?
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 191lbs and I burnt an average of 280 - 300 on level one when I first tried it and now (I'm more fit) I burn an average of 200 - 240 doing it. I have the Polar FT4 HRM. Best thing I've ever bought.
  • gingerjen7
    Options

I think it's really more of an estimate. Your calories burned will vary from day to day as you lose weight, become more fit, or exert less or more energy. The only way to know how much you're REALLY burning every day (as closely as possible, that is) is to get a heart rate monitor. I got mine at Wal-Mart for $20--you wear it like a watch and it's recommended that you check it every time you change intensity (you just put your fingers on the monitors and wait a second or too. That said, if you're serious about your lifestyle and you absolutely must know how many calories you're burning, splurge on a really good monitor. I question the validity of my total calories burned, as it's been reporting my heart rate in the 220s and 230s from the middle to the end of my higher cardio workouts (and even after my cool-down, stretch sometimes). I don't eat back my exercise calories unless I'm super hungry, so it doesn't make that big a deal to me, but what works for me might not work for you.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am 33yo, 5'2", 162 pounds - I burn about 120 calories (I have a bodymedia fit). I went outside to jog a little this morning instead of doing 30ds and buned 180 calories... not sure I'm going to continue with 30ds...
  • _danjo_
    _danjo_ Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I''ve been using MFP's "calisthenics, vigorous" and also wearing an HRM. The MFP estimate is above my HRM--I've been averaging about 160 cals for 30DS level 1.

btw, I am 37yoF, 5'4", 149 lbs.
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    save
  • mrsskinnytobe
    mrsskinnytobe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you know, I've had a problem with the monitors too. they say you shouldnt go over 178 but walking on a tread mill that takes my measurments says Im at 170 long before I feel tired or sweaty. I never understand that...How can I be at my full potential and not even feel winded?
  • Get a heart rate monitor. Using your heart rate is the best way to judge how many calories you are really burning.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!