Recipe for venison

Options
bindulynsey
bindulynsey Posts: 2 Member
I dont suppose that anyone has a low fat recipe for venison? I love the meat flavours but it normally comes with red wine and cremem etc which is not best for my diet! Any help would be great thanks.

Replies

• MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi there! We use venison a lot. I substitute ground venison for burger whenever I can. It changes the flavor a bit, but it is still great, and of course lower in fat and calories since it is so lean. I use it in Hamburger helper (I normally don't use the full pound it calls for, the venison is stronger flavor, and tends to overpower the other flavors), making venison burgers, spaghetti sauce... it all works. As far as steaks...I just cook them like normal steak. Salt and pepper, some garlic powder, and just cook them in a skillet.
    Enjoy!
  • viliberty
    Options
    I used to have almost exclusive venison and elk when I lived in Idaho and my children were small. Then in Alaska it was moose and salmon. I typed in "recipe for venison low fat" in the yahoo web search and got a lot of sites you can visit. There was a low fat venison casserole that sounded pretty good. Irene