Butterfly Tattoos

Options

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Yea. Get it at the small of your back, it's like a bullseye.

And to anyone who actually has ANY tattoo with meaning, be it butterflies, stars, rainbows, whatever.... you're awesome. It's the ones who get them just to be "different" that are the special snowflakes.

:drinker:
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets butterfly tattoos. Trust me, I do about 1 a week. Get something original, for YOU, not something to please a man, or anyone else for that matter.

LOL I had to think about your post for a second, at first I thought you meant you get one a week on yourself! LOL
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

And to anyone who actually has ANY tattoo with meaning, be it butterflies, stars, rainbows, whatever.... you're awesome. It's the ones who get them just to be "different" that are the special snowflakes.

I agree. The exemption here is Betty Boop. I know tattoo artists who would rather shoot themselves in the head than tattoo another Betty Boop. Or Tinkerbell.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Do men in general like when a woman has a tattoo of Charlie Sheen slipping on a banana peel? What if it's next to another tattoo of a giant squid fighting a unicorn?

I need to know for a hypothetical friend
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

in an unrelated question, can people get tattoos on the back of their throat?
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I prefer hearts or maybe get your name across your back in old English writing.
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ...Haha what about butterfly paint?
  • plank_page
    plank_page Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are so mean and judgemental. It's your body get what you can live with.
  • KawaiiJennie
    Options
    Yeah gotta agree with the majority here. If you want one, get it, but really? You're imagination is that limited? Don't you think it's a little too 21st century to be worried about what boys think of you?

I wouldn't. But I have been scared of butterflies since I was attacked by one as a child (true story, they are hideous things, all bendy legs and flying at your face, ewwwww, just shudder thinking about the creepy little bug***s). I'm not anti tattoo's though, I have a My Little Pony on my arm, and a Star Trek themed tramp stamp (I was certainly not wondering if men would like that one).
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

Butterfly b00bies are okay with me.
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    khaleesinoodlebelly Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are for you. It is on your body and yours alone.
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    I love butterfliesss...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are so mean and judgemental. It's your body get what you can live with.

Do you have a butterfly tattoo on your lower back? I want to see it.
  • KawaiiJennie
    Options
    Do men in general like when a woman has a tattoo of Charlie Sheen slipping on a banana peel? What if it's next to another tattoo of a giant squid fighting a unicorn?

Also, you are a genius.
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options

OMG thats awesomeee lolol
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

fight.jpg
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    My Mom has one. She's also 54 years old and a bad *kitten*.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Comprehensive list of all female tattoos:

Butterfly
    Flowers
    Dolphins
    Misspelled Chinese Symbol

They get them to be different and unique...

A list of my tattoos:
    A butterfly, done in a tribal style (it was my first, and it's different from the others I've seen)
    the ahnk
    my daughter's footprint
    a cross and flame
    1/2 my back is covered in the Beatitudes

A list of what is to come:
    my son's footprint
    an awareness ribbon supporting: Diabetes, Lung cancer, breast cancer, and cervical cancer, with "Vos regeneramur" written beside it. I suppose I did those to fit in with the "norm" within tattoo society... :)
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options

fight.jpg

First if al LMFAO second i have 5 cousins all of them have one of those "predictable" tattoos.

Nautical stars
    Chinese symbols
    Tramp stamp
    Butterfly
    Four leaf clover

Lol i myself have eight non disclosed tattoos, the stupidest tattoo ive EVeR seen was your name here on a chicks *kitten* fukin retarded
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Comprehensive list of all female tattoos:

Butterfly
    Flowers
    Dolphins
    Misspelled Chinese Symbol

They get them to be different and unique...

:embarassed:

I got my butterfly tattoo at 18 because I just :heart: 'd butterflies and knew I would love them forever! :love: Then the tattoo artist did it off center so I got some Japanese symbols to go above it. Sooooo special. eyeroll.gif

Then by boyfriend at the time had his Asian friend "notice" my tattoo one day and ask me "Why do you have prostitute tattooed on your back?" :noway: (edited to add: he couldn't actually read it, he was messing with me, in case someone didn't get that from "my boyfriend HAD his friend say this")

Yep, that was enough for me. I have been dying to get them covered up but I wanted to wait until I could find something that was meangingful to me and something that truly was special to me. I now 12 years later have my cover up picked out and it is my reward for getting 1/2 way to goal weight.