My personal 5 week challenge..any joiners?

Options
Ok, so my biggest downfall is sweets at night. So until April 1st (38 days) I am giving up sweets. Cookies, chocolate, candy, etc. I am also including in this snacks after 7 PM. I feel like my weight loss will be more significant and allow me to regain control over my eating habits. I am not giving these things up forever, just long enough to break bad habits that are holding me back. If anyone wants to join me in this challenge, that would be great!
Jen

Today's weight: 203
5 week goal: 293

Replies

• gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    I'll join that challenge with you! I don't eat alot of sweets, but it would be better if I ate none. I'll stop having the vitalicious muffin tops too, and no snacks or eating after 7pm. That's hardest for me because of the work schedule I have, but I can do it!

This will be good!- Thanks for posting this mini goal :flowerforyou:
  • s1brokaw
    Options
    I actually already have started this. Since christmas i have had one jolly rancher and two hershey's kisses. The longer i go the easier it has been. I really don't crave them either. So people can eat a little then so no more. not me. No all together. Good luck to everyone joining this challenge.
  • Almost_lost
    Options
    Hey i'll join you! i cant tell you my weight, mainly because i dont have any weighing scales, but last week i was 94kgs (i think thats about 207lbs) and im hoping to buy some this week.

I have a question, the no snacks after 7pm, does that include fruit?

Oh yeh, and in 5 weeks im hoping to be about 190lbs
  • AlliWallifp
    Options
    I also don't eat a lot of sweets, but when I get a craving for them, I go overboard and eat everything. I think by doing this, I can find healthier alternatives for sweets and gradually stop my cravings. Thanks for the post!
  • rockwife
    Options
    If I can keep sugar in my coffee (2 tsps) in the morning I will join. I am trying to get away from artificial sweetners. I cannot enjoy coffee without a little sweet, but other than that, I would welcome the opportunity to join in!
  • bethie0828
    bethie0828 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try truvia in your coffee instead of sugar. It is plant based and not aspartame, sacrachine, etc...
  • hmwth
    hmwth Posts: 25
    Options
    I tried not eating after 8:00 pm but it is too long til breakfast. I plan my cals. for a cup of tea and two cookies between 730 - 800 and a low fat yogurt or a Dole fruit cup before I go to bed. It is something to look forward to every night. On the evenings that I work, I plan for cup of special K and milk before bed. I do not feel deprived and do not go to bed hungry.
  • Tamzenc
    Options
    I'll join in. My friend at work keeps cany/chocolate in a bowl on her cabinet for all to take. I never ate much before because I just don't buy it which makes it easy. BUT NOW IT IS THERE! Any suggestions?
    As far as no snacks after 7 good goal, I think I can do this one. But if I haven't had dinner by 7, it's OK to have dinner.
  • jenmonkee
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great! Now I have someone to help me stay focused! Thanks!
  • jenmonkee
    Options
    For me fruits are essential. I have tried to switch to those at night for snacks, but of course we do need to be aware of the sugars. My focus is getting away from the mentality of "Oh it's just 1 cookie, I still have "X" amount of calories left".
  • jenmonkee
    Options
    The only way I drink coffe is with a TON of sugar and cream. So for me, I cutt coffee out from the beginning of my weight loss. It took a while, but now I can actually get up and function in the morning!!
  • jenmonkee
    Options
    For my own personal goal, the only eating after 7 I will not be doing is snacks and sweets. I work, go to school, kids activities, so sometimes dinner is after 7. But that's where it will have to stop for me. So far I am snack and sweet treat free today. I have apples in the fridge, so I will probably have that tonight for my snack to get me through till tomorrow morning,

Thanks to everyone who is participating. We CAN do this!!!
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of no sugar so I'm definitely in. My no sugar is part of lent, so I'm going until about the same time as you are. I can't do the no eating after 7 thing though just because of my work schedule but totally in for no sugar! I'm hoping for the same result as you, that after going for a while without it, i won't feel like i need it and i can naturally cut it out without making a consious effort to never eat it. good luck everyone!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    This works out great for me! I just started another challenge today to lose 10 pounds by April 1st. This will definately help reach that goal. I have such a sweet tooth (I can't resist those Cadbury Mini Eggs...) But I'm going to have to to do this challenge! I gave up sweets once before and lost 4 pounds in a week. Hopefully it will work out that good this time around.
  • jenmonkee
    Options
    This works out great for me! I just started another challenge today to lose 10 pounds by April 1st. This will definately help reach that goal. I have such a sweet tooth (I can't resist those Cadbury Mini Eggs...) But I'm going to have to to do this challenge! I gave up sweets once before and lost 4 pounds in a week. Hopefully it will work out that good this time around.

So far I have averaged 10 lbs a month, and I would love to do that a third month in a row!!! All my clothes are getting frumpy on me and I have a lot more energy. When is Easter?
    Jen
  • jenmonkee
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of no sugar so I'm definitely in. My no sugar is part of lent, so I'm going until about the same time as you are. I can't do the no eating after 7 thing though just because of my work schedule but totally in for no sugar! I'm hoping for the same result as you, that after going for a while without it, i won't feel like i need it and i can naturally cut it out without making a consious effort to never eat it. good luck everyone!

It's not that I am not eating after 7, just no snacking...I do it mindlessly. I know we can do this!
  • jenmonkee
    Options
    Day 2 of no sweets, I did well with the no sweets, and even succeded at no snacking after 7. True it was a late dinner, but I went to the gym with my daughter and then kept a huge water bottle by my bed so that I would reach for that instead of raiding the cupboard. 37 more days!:bigsmile:
  • jenmonkee
    Options
    I also don't eat a lot of sweets, but when I get a craving for them, I go overboard and eat everything. I think by doing this, I can find healthier alternatives for sweets and gradually stop my cravings. Thanks for the post!

Chocolate is my best friend and worst nightmare....I hate having it in the house!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    As far as no sweets/sugar... do you mean nothing with sugar, like no fruit, yogurt, milk? That's where most of my sugars add up EVERY day, over in my sugar because of that. I have started buying sugar free candy for those days that I just have to have some candy haha. My favorite is sugar free chocolate coconut it's really good.

I've been trying to stay away from sugar (besides my yogurt, fruit, milk) but every once in awhile I'll have a 100 calorie pack snack or a skinny cow or smart ones ice cream snack.

I think if I could stay under my sugar everyday I'd have more success with weight loss
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

So far I have averaged 10 lbs a month, and I would love to do that a third month in a row!!! All my clothes are getting frumpy on me and I have a lot more energy. When is Easter?
    Jen

That's great! Good luck making it 3 months in a row!!
    My weight loss hasn't been very fast, but I haven't really changed my eating habits as much as I should. But the good side to that is I've still been losing weight eating what I want (in moderation) and it's something I can live with! Now I just want to step it up since summer starts in 4 months (-1 day). :happy:

I think Easter is April 4th this year.