non-protein foods

Options
Since I work tonight, I've already logged in the food I will be eating for dinner and a snack. I have almost 400 calories left for the day on a total of 1200, but am -6 on protein. I've eaten 4 fruits already and 2 veggies. What are some good, nutritious foods that do not have protein or very little?

Replies

• caloreecounter
    Options
    Sugar -free Jello has only 1 g of protein,and is a good snack...
  • caloreecounter
    Options
    .dietaryfiberfood.com/protein/protein-low.php. This is a good site for you to choose some low protein foods you may like. It's tough to keep under on the proteins...
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    No reason you can't add more veggies or whole grains to your total.

edit: what's your protein total... it could be too low.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I go over in proteins everyday but I'm never over in the other categories. Is is bad to go over in protein? Just curious because I been basically ignoring the overage.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I agree, whole grain stuff like pasta or wild rice, who care's if you're a bit over on protein, that's not generally bad for you, especially if you're using the default MFP settings (MFP set's the protein on the low end, you can safely go up by 10 to 15% if you like)
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is set at 45, and I am at 51 already! On days I work out, it is a bit higher, but I usually have Sunday as my day off from the gym.
  • dogmeat
    Options
    Protein is sort of like free category out of the 3; you might want to treat it as minimum rather than upper limit. It's pretty difficult to consume "too much protein". Usual recommendations for daily protein vary between 20% and 40% of your daily energy intake (or, protein grams = your weight in kg, or any variation thereof).
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    My daily goal is set at 45, and I am at 51 already! On days I work out, it is a bit higher, but I usually have Sunday as my day off from the gym.

Depending on your height, weight and activity level it's probably fine in the 75-90g range. :)