Protein Shakes

Options
I'm looking to drastically increase my protein intake with Whey supplements.

Anyone have recommendations for the best tasting and reasonably priced???

Replies

• liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love BSN Syntha-6 chocolate peanut butter. 22 grams of protein... If you want to see the other macro info, you can look at my diary today, having it for dinner.
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like Body fortress from Walmart. It tastes pretty good, has 26 grams of protein and is pretty cheap.
  • hollyday11
    hollyday11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Syntha 6 is awesome! I also like the BNS Lean Dessert flavors (chocolate, vanilla, etc.).
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Gaspari Myofusion chocolate. The end.
  • mirsasha
    Options
    I like the Jay Robb Tropical Dream flavor and HRM Dutch Chocolate. I use one with almond milk before long walks because I want the protein, but don't want a lot of heavy food in my tummy.
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Kaizen from Costco
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    They all taste pretty much the same according to my tastebuds. (Yuck). But they do the job, and a little PB2 peanut butter powder in there helps a lot. Find one where you shop and repeat as necessary.
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I like Body fortress from Walmart. It tastes pretty good, has 26 grams of protein and is pretty cheap.

God bless you.. This protein is awful lol.. sorry.

I order all my supplements from prosource.net.. Way cheaper then any store you can buy from. Go on the site and take a look at all the whey protein they have. I used to use Optimum nutrition whey. I no longer just drink whey these days. Now I like to drink protein blends that contain different types of whey, casein and egg. I use Gaspari Myofusion and Elite Fusion 7.. Elite fusion 7 seriously taste like vanilla ice cream.
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    24hr fitness carries a lot of good tasting ones. Apex 150 - Vanilla and chocolate are both really good and I just happened to stumble upon this BLOG!!!! Of amazing protein shake recipes.

EVERYONE NEEDS THIS!!!!!!

http://pimpmyproteinshake.blogspot.com
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I buy 'Premier Nutrition High Protein Shakes' from Costco. They come pre-made, in little juice box packs. 30g of protein, 1 g of sugar, 3 g of fat, and each 325 ml has 160 calories. The chocolate is very good!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Myoplex ( I'm not sure where to get it though, but its a bit pricey) or
    whatever brand they carry at costco
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Mocha

Low carbs and yummy
  • Malia73034
    Options
    I used to use the BSN Syntha 6 shakes, but I switched over to ProFit because it is all natural with no sugar added. Plus the proteins are non-hormonal and non-GMO. It is a little more expensive, but you get what you pay for.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I like Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion but well that's all I tried. The Cinnamon Roll is better than the Peanut Butter Chocolate so far.
  • Pooj_K
    Pooj_K Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like Trader Joe's Whey protein chocolate flavor.. 17gm of protein for 2 scoops.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Dymatize whey protein isolate gourmet vanilla! yum yum
  • tugboating
    Options
    Awesome! thanks guys!

I actually jumped on a whim and bought a small 2 lb container of Six Star Elite Plus Whey Protein (60g in 2 scoops).

I threw a little choc syrup in the mix with some milk and it wasn't half bad. I wouldn't say YUMMY, but by far not the worst I have had.

Only problem is that I haven't used Whey in a LONG time, and my body isn't used to it. Will probably take me a solid week of getting used to it in such high volume and I'm not running to the bathroom every hour.
  • crystal82dawn
    crystal82dawn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ok so everyone is good or bad to have a higher protein??? I got drink with 30gram in them I am wanting to know if I drink one or 2 day will it help I can not loss so it seem no matter how I watch what I eat.
  • trevpimp
    trevpimp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Body fortress super advance whey protein and muscle milk protein are good ones

Muscle milk has a bit of fat tho but it's worth it
  • trevpimp
    trevpimp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Body fortress super advance whey protein and muscle milk protein are good ones

Muscle milk has a bit of fat tho but it's worth it.