Butterfly Tattoos

Options

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

I got my butterfly tattoo at 18 because I just :heart: 'd butterflies and knew I would love them forever! :love: Then the tattoo artist did it off center so I got some Japanese symbols to go above it. Sooooo special. eyeroll.gif

Then by boyfriend at the time had his Asian friend "notice" my tattoo one day and ask me "Why do you have prostitute tattooed on your back?" :noway:

Yep, that was enough for me. I have been dying to get them covered up but I wanted to wait until I could find something that was meangingful to me and something that truly was special to me. I now 12 years later have my cover up picked out and it is my reward for getting 1/2 way to goal weight.

Maybe you should just become a prostitute?
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Then by boyfriend at the time had his Asian friend "notice" my tattoo one day and ask me "Why do you have prostitute tattooed on your back?" :noway:

Yikes. I'm translating the Latin that I want on my own. And triple checking it.... 'Cause if I didn't, this is my luck...
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I got my butterfly tattoo at 18 because I just :heart: 'd butterflies and knew I would love them forever! :love: Then the tattoo artist did it off center so I got some Japanese symbols to go above it. Sooooo special. eyeroll.gif

Yep, that was enough for me. I have been dying to get them covered up but I wanted to wait until I could find something that was meangingful to me and something that truly was special to me. I now 12 years later have my cover up picked out and it is my reward for getting 1/2 way to goal weight.

Maybe you should just become a prostitute?

Yea, I am pretty sure my husband would have a problem with that.

The dude couldn't read it, he was just messing with me.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Yikes. I'm translating the Latin that I want on my own. And triple checking it.... 'Cause if I didn't, this is my luck...

That is a really good idea.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Brad Paisley likes butterfly tattoo's.

EVERYTIME I SEE YOUR AVATAR, I SEE MY DAUGHTER!!! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME TODAY!!! Haha
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Do men like butterfly tattoos on women?

As a guy, I happen to think ANY tattoo is hawt on a lady.

In fact, I am going to try this tattoo related pick up line this weekend:

Me: "Hey! You have something your arm."
    Beautiful Tattooed Woman: "Eek! Where?"
    Me: "Right there" (pointing to tattoo)
    BTW: "Oh you mean my tattoo" (smiling approvingly)
    Me: "Yeah, I know it's a tattoo. I just wanted to see your smile" (winks and smiles)

I'll report my success later...
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    fight.jpg
    [/quote]

This is my exact tattoo! It's on my stomach, right below "THUG LIFE" in old English style.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Me: "Yeah, I know it's a tattoo. I just wanted to see your smile" (winks and smiles)

You're so smooth I bet you get all dem womenz
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I have a butterfly on my lower back with cobwebs and skulls in the wings. It's supposed to represent "Nothing is what it seems"..I was 18 and Emo. ::Shrugs::
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

You're so smooth I bet you get all dem womenz

Hey cuttie, wanna see MY tattooz?
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have butterflies on my right shoulder blade and and right shoulder. I also have several on my lower right leg. I luv butterflies. They are an awesome example of transformation. Get what you want and what means something to you.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    check out my pic :P and you tell me! haha
    adding** i have butterflies in total :)
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Comprehensive list of all female tattoos:

Butterfly
    Flowers
    Dolphins
    Misspelled Chinese Symbol

They get them to be different and unique...

Ha! I have none of the above. Awww yeahhh.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have a butterfly tattoo on my belly, and my husband's name is within the veins of the wings. He loves it!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Comprehensive list of all female tattoos:

Butterfly
    Flowers
    Dolphins
    Misspelled Chinese Symbol

They get them to be different and unique...

You forgot stars

bahahah! i have the butterflies, chinese symbol (they were all the rage when i 1st started collecting, lol) and stars. hahah. thats fkn hilarious. i dont really care what people think its all about. i did it, im happy and thats all that matters when it comes down to it :P
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I'm not a man, but I tend to not like butterfly tattoos, although I've seen some that are actually original and cool. It seems like a lot of women get butterflies, but that doesn't make it less meaningful for the person that gets it. I'm not really one to critique other people's tattoos because that is really a pointless practice. The only ones I'm critiquing are my own (or other ones done by an artist I'm considering to do my next one).
  • SkyVetis
    Options
    I like women with tattoos. The style isn't that important, as long as she likes it :)
  • BeautifulArtemis
    BeautifulArtemis Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    <
    Fatboypup is a copycat!!! He stole my butter skulls :P (JK, he's my husband, but I had mine 1st!) My brother and sister in law have the same butterskulls too.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I would say as long as it doesn't turn into a moth..........
    Or in my case after 3 kids, a deflated butterfly with stretchmarks :ohwell:
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I know one awesome woman that has a butterfly tattoo and it's hot as hell.