I'd like to find some recipes for wraps

Options
WeekndOVOXO
WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
I'm in need of recipes. Anyone got any? Something quick, easy to find, and practical.

I'll usually cook a chicken breast, spinach, mashed carrots, peanut butter, and cilantro, but I'm getting tired of it.

Pretty much to bring for school. So nothing that will go bad for a couple hours.

Thanks.

Replies

• nmwhitney12
    nmwhitney12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mlawilm
    mlawilm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like to grill a chicken breast and slice it up and put it in a wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers and then drizzle it with bruschetta salad dressing. So yummy. If you put the dressing in a small container the wrap stays nice and fresh.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    bump, i just bought some wraps.
  • Evey_bee
    Evey_bee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like hummus, red peppers, olives and rocket in a wrap for lunch (:
    I either use low-fat hummus or make my own.
    Or Quorn Chicken (i'm veggie but you could use real chicken ;)) edamame, avacado and a tiny bit of mayo to bind it together is also tasty

For days where i'm in the house for lunch - Poached egg+tomato pasta sauce on a warm wrap is actually really tasty.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Tuna, mayo

Chicken and stuffing

Cheese salad

Chicken curry

Tuna and melted cheese

Bolognese

Beef chilli

Ham and cottage cheese
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I like to grill a chicken breast and slice it up and put it in a wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers and then drizzle it with bruschetta salad dressing. So yummy. If you put the dressing in a small container the wrap stays nice and fresh.

It's hard to keep a wrap from getting soggy with in that time frame, so your best bet is to toss your salad with dressing.
    I back chicken breast strips (evenly cut at 375/ 15-18 mins) and from there, you can do a ton of things.

regular iceburg salad with tomatoes, cukes, shredded carrots with a bit of ranch

spinach and chicken with tomatoes and a vinagarette

a ceasar wrap

You can do a black beans and rice and a bit of salsa and seasonings

make sure you wrap it right, tight, close both ended and wrap in tinfoil.

you can also layer it with lunch meat, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese and roll it (instead of wrap)

avocados are always good.
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    chicken and avocado salad or red pepper houmous with roasted veg two of my fave wrap fillings.
    Others could include falafel, philadelphia light, pesto id always include salad or veg as well as a healthy filler. hope you find something you enjoy. :)
  • kureiko
    kureiko Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    cook broccoli slaw in a bit of sesame oil. Add chicken. Drizzle with asian dressing(soy ginger is my fave) and top with a few mandarin oranges. Num num!
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, I'm going to have to try these myself :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I've been buying spring roll wrappers (the rice kind) and filling them with carrots, radishes, avocado, green onions, peppers, cucumbers or whatever you want plus some kind of protein (I like tofu, shrimp, or imitation crab) and then a couple of pieces of greens (like spinach or spring mix). Use wasabi for a lo-cal condiment. If you used tofu they would not go bad right away. The basic recipe would be crunch+protein+greens inside.

You can eat like 5 of them for under 300 calories so it feels like you're eating a ton!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options

Beef chilli

Wait. Wait.

Chili in a wrap?

DBLT
    I've been buying spring roll wrappers (the rice kind) and filling them with carrots, radishes, avocado, green onions, peppers, cucumbers or whatever you want plus some kind of protein (I like tofu, shrimp, or imitation crab) and then a couple of pieces of greens (like spinach or spring mix). Use wasabi for a lo-cal condiment. If you used tofu they would not go bad right away. The basic recipe would be crunch+protein+greens inside.

You can eat like 5 of them for under 300 calories so it feels like you're eating a ton!

Holy crap that's an awesome idea. They won't go bad if they stay in my backpack for a couple hours?

Thanks for the feed back everyone. Inspired me to make some bomb wraps.
  • la_faerie
    Options
    My go-to for school is 1/4 of a mashed avocado with baby spinach, fat free feta, turkey, almonds (sounds weird, but it's amazing), and sriracha. It's super yummy and takes two seconds to throw together since I'm constantly running late in the morning. Makes me want one now, ugh. Wrapped in an ezekiel wrap! Those are AMAZING and 100% clean, I'm obsessed