30lbs dwn--my first progress post :)

Options
Ok sooo...this is my first progress post. I started MFP July 27th of this year (2012) and have never looked back! My happiness was suffering, my health was pretty decent considering I was 277lbs, but my energy was lacking to say the least! I was just miserable and woke up each morning in terrible pain from my back. I had joint pain at 24 years old! I should mention how I got to 277lbs...I was 185-190lbs before I got pregnant with my son. At 5'9 the "ideal" weight for me is supposedly 170. I gained a LOT during my pregnancy. When I gave birth I weighed in at 259lbs...and over the course of about 16 months or so I gained the rest being a lazy stay at home mom.

I was in denial that I was truly that big...until we had family photos done in April of 2012. When we got the pictures back I wanted to cry at how terrible I looked. I had truly let myself go and I was too young to be feeling this kind of anguish with my self image. I can't remember who sent me to MFP, but I know after a few weeks on here I was telling everyone about it! (including my PCP!!) He was so impressed with my losses that he asked what I was doing and if he could contact me when he started his weight loss branch he was working on. I put in a tooooooon of hard work, LOTS of Zumba..sometimes twice a day. And I would walk each day. Now I'm up to being able to jog and walk when I go out with my son in the stroller, I can get in some Zumba, and have done a few P90X workouts to help with toning my legs, back, and arms.

I was down from 277lbs to 264 in 23days! Mostly water weight I was so sure...then I went back for my next dr apt and I went from 264 to 254 ANOTHER 10lbs in 3.5 weeks! I was so happy. I took about a week and a half off from exercising because I had mid terms due and was so busy studying and caring for my son. After I aced my mid terms I hopped back on the wagon and continued to lose. :)

I am now..75 days in and 30.4lbs lighter then the day I started. The dress I wore in family photos..is now almost falling off. Super excited to be investing in a few new wadrobe pieces and looking forward to trying to reach my first big goal of being down 65lbs by new years eve! It just goes to show, you work hard for what you want, and you shall be rewarded. MFP has been succch a wonderful experience.. I don't think I could have done it like this without all the support from my amazing friends. Some days I want to quit, but when I wake up in the morning and see that little toothy grin smiling at me...I know it's all worth it and in the end...it can only get better!!

You can see a little better here the loss...
IMG_20120903_134258_zps2bdf3b67.jpg

and here is me today in the same dress I wore back in April :) but 30lbs lighter
october1020122_zps3a123c75.jpg

october102012_zps6a9873e2.jpg

edited to resize photos :)

Replies

• MelidaTatiana
    MelidaTatiana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    that so awesome! amazing discipline and great results! keep at it :) congratulations
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look awesome keep it up....one day I'll be making this same post!
  • YoungD33
    YoungD33 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I look a hot sweaty mess lol. I had just got back from our jog/walk but I just had the thought to try the dress on and see what it would look like. :)
  • ehardy1103
    ehardy1103 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awsome.... Keep going!!!!!! YEAH!!!!
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    great job!!!
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I can't wait until I'm down 30 pounds! Keep it up!
  • BeautyisBeingU
    BeautyisBeingU Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Looking good hun keep up the hard work!
  • orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing amazing! I was in much of the same boat as you. I was always skinny before I got pregnant (I thought I was fat then..) but while pregnant I gained a lot and then gained even more after by keeping the same eating habits and being lazy. Good for you!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    absolutly gorgeous! keep up alllll that hard work and dedication and you will see your goal in no tiem! amazing!!! :)
  • banks89202
    Options
    Awww look at you!! You look beautiful!!! Awesome job!! And I'm glad you "you is who you say you is too" ;) lmbo
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    Awww look at you!! You look beautiful!!! Awesome job!! And I'm glad you "you is who you say you is too" ;) lmbo

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: You know it! Lol..I wish I DIDN'T have to claim those old photos, alas...they are improving :flowerforyou:
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work ... it's so worth it!
  • katieg2289
    Options
    Amazing! You are such an inspiration! :)
  • ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    lookin tight shorty
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Well done you
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great Job!:drinker:
  • Sweetchik_86
    Options
    GREAT JOB :)

22944655.png
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    Yay! *high fives*
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    Thanks everyone. We all try our hardest...that's all we can do. There are trips and stumbles along the way..in no way shape or form am I an expert at this...you just have to set your mind to it. Each and every one of us can obtain our goals! Good luck to all of you! :drinker: :smooched: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!