Question for the mamas who breastfed...

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Delicate question if I may (and respond via private mail if you prefer)....

My daughter is just finishing weaning, and that, couple with my weight loss, and well, I'm having some "volume" issues, well, lack thereof.

Does the breast fullness ever return? Any experiences anyone wishes to share? I have read conflicting information, from "no it it may never return" to "it takes a few months for the hormone levels to balance, and the fat to redistribute"

Anyone with experience in this department?
Thanks in advance...
:blushing: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Delicate question if I may (and respond via private mail if you prefer)....

My daughter is just finishing weaning, and that, couple with my weight loss, and well, I'm having some "volume" issues, well, lack thereof.

Does the breast fullness ever return? Any experiences anyone wishes to share? I have read conflicting information, from "no it it may never return" to "it takes a few months for the hormone levels to balance, and the fat to redistribute"

Anyone with experience in this department?
    Thanks in advance...
    :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    It takes a few months. My daughter breast fed until 6 months ago. It took 3 months for things to be normal. At first too big, then too small (I swear they deflated), then normal.

Our bodies are amazing, aren't they? Weird, but amazing. :happy:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    OK I breastfed 3 and went through the same lack of volume after losing weight with #2. In my case it returned after about a year. The funny thing is that I was never was busty to begin with...maybe a 34 C.
    If you look at my pics in my profile you will get a good laugh. I used to have my daughters bust size.
    Got lots to spare now! It will be interesting to see what losing 20 lbs. will do :noway:

~Namaste
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    mines went back to normal after a few months so you dont have to worry.

Pamela

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that post. I too just finished weaning (I've got a biter) and am feeling a little on the smaller side now. Reading this post made me feel much better about it all.
  • Jamariqui
    Jamariqui Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm not sure how long it took, but they are pretty normal now. They aren't as big as they were when I was BF, but they aren't as small as they were when I was 125lbs haha. It gets better. My daughters been weened for 2 months
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    Well, for me, I wanted to breastfeed for about 8-9 months, but my milk gave out by 5 months, for both of my babies... :cry: --- my breasts went down in size and never went back to normal...I've remained 1 cup size smaller than before I got pregnant. (almost 7 years after last baby)...so I guess it is just as unique as the pregnancies themselves as to what actually will happen.
    good luck with weaning!
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I breastfed 4 and bounced back after all 4.... went through the deflate period too, but in a few months after weaning I was right back to 38C. Youngest was weaned 2 years ago.... Started out as a 34B before babies so who knows where I'll end up after I lose 40 lbs LOL! Sheesh I hope I don't lose too much up top I'll be a saggy mess. :tongue:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

My fingers are crossed that the volume will return!!! I don't expect the Dolly Parton-esque breasts I had when I was just starting out breastfeeding (my nursing bras were 36-F... it was kind of frightening actually) but now my 34D is starting to get roomy in the cup - and I still have some weight to lose! I need to the bust to balance out the booty!

It's not about the size - it's about the shape/firmness, or as someone else said, the "deflated" appearance! :grumble:
  • monicayogima
    Options
    totally off subject.....where did you get your pictures for you signature bar? I love it ....I am a big yogi
  • monicayogima
    Options
    HA HA from my experience that is the first place women loose weight. I am very small to begin with(not even quite an A ....sad I know) When I was nursing my last baby I was a C :) it was great.but even while I was nursing and loosing the wieght the just kept shrinking and shrinking..........when I weaned her I was barley a B. Now they are back to barley an A. They will never be the same.........I think I am a candidate for a boob job and no one can give heat about it....he he maybe after we are done having kids.........:blushing:
  • AJCM
    Options
    HA HA from my experience that is the first place women loose weight. I am very small to begin with(not even quite an A ....sad I know) When I was nursing my last baby I was a C :) it was great.but even while I was nursing and loosing the wieght the just kept shrinking and shrinking..........when I weaned her I was barley a B. Now they are back to barley an A. They will never be the same.........I think I am a candidate for a boob job and no one can give heat about it....he he maybe after we are done having kids.........:blushing:

No kidding, I was thinking about a breast enhancement - just to make me feel like my old self! But then, I think I might need a slight tummy tuck, just to tighten things back up.... and I broke my nose twice, so it could use a little shave... haha! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I may be wrong... but I think it depends on the person. I have always been small chested... about a 34B... mine KINDA came back. My lil one stopped feeding when he was almost 6 months... he is 14 months now and I am FINALLY feeling as close as I will probably get to normal. :wink:

Keep up thos chest exercises! haha! :laugh:

:heart: KB
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    The fullness returned...It was just a little bit lower fullness...Meaning now mine look like a pair of socks with baseballs in the bottom of them. I have to wear a push up bra to look normal. I tell you, my son has a lot of things he did to my body to answer for when he gets older. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Just kidding...maybe.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

The volume returned after b/f, BUT after loosing 25 pounds (yeah on one hand)
    I 'm having SERIOUS volume problems
    The odd thing is that I was just measured at VS and am the same cup size...smaller around my chest..

Can't win it all
    Kim
  • Meriller
    Meriller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well, I breastfed all 3 of mine, the last until about 5 months ago, and they did NOT return to full volume - unfortunately.

This is why you hear women say "she's got nice perky ones, but she hasn't had kids - yet"

Sorry, doesn't really seem fair, but I'm being completely honest here!

Also, I should add, I just had reduction surgery 3 weeks ago, so things are much better now!
    (had an excess skin issue vs. excess fullness) My nursing bras were 34F also, and prior to surgery was down to 34E (le mystere sizing)
  • KBagwell
    KBagwell Posts: 78
    Options
    I breastfed both of my kids too and I NEVER returned to normal...I'm wearing about the same size bra but I don't have the fullness I used to have! :( Poor me!!! lol
  • AJCM
    Options
    The fullness returned...It was just a little bit lower fullness...Meaning now mine look like a pair of socks with baseballs in the bottom of them. I have to wear a push up bra to look normal. I tell you, my son has a lot of things he did to my body to answer for when he gets older. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Just kidding...maybe.

Hahaha! Okay - mine are like the tennis balls too! Oh dear...

I completely LOVE my kiddies, and would do it again 100x over, but man did they ruin this bod!!! Stretch marks, saggy boobs, crepe stomach, ugh...
    :grumble: :noway: :blushing:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Well, I breastfed all 3 of mine, the last until about 5 months ago, and they did NOT return to full volume - unfortunately.

This is why you hear women say "she's got nice perky ones, but she hasn't had kids - yet"

Sorry, doesn't really seem fair, but I'm being completely honest here!

Also, I should add, I just had reduction surgery 3 weeks ago, so things are much better now!
    (had an excess skin issue vs. excess fullness) My nursing bras were 34F also, and prior to surgery was down to 34E (le mystere sizing)

Wait a minute now... can we talk? I'm thinkning this might be an option for me (get rid of the skin) and maybe add an implant for perkiness and fullness? How long was the recovery? Was it painful? Did you get the implant? If this is too personal, pardon my asking, but if not, I would love to hear any details! You can e-mail personally if you prefer...
    :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Fit KB
    Kimber
    KBagwell...

THANK YOU for your responses... :cry: I guess those perky gals of yester year are permanently history... who wants to go braless anyway? :wink: If we hoist the girls up into a push up bra, we look FABULOUS, right!?!?
    :tongue: :love: