Bulkying

Options
2»

Replies

• ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I know there are some gals on here bulking (bulkying is a cute typo, btw!), but not me personally right now. I'm trying to get my lean gains macros right to do a pretty good cut, but I have seen it used before for a bulk. Since my calories and macro vary based on training days vs rest days, I have to set up MFP for my rest days and then add "cardio" for the differencs in cals for training. It's a pain, and the macros don't adjust, either, since they are not the same so all I can do is put my info in the food notes so I can refer to that for the day.
  • STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just started bulking yesterday. I've never bulked before so I'm both excited and terrified, haha.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I am going to refer to this as Bulkying forever!!! :heart:

Right?

Though as my little girl likes to say "Daddy has to eat all the food because he's Hulking."

AWWW.... :heart:

I *want* to bulk... but I'm scared to DEATH to try. I'm eating at about a 2-300 calorie daily deficit right now while I learn to lift. Once I have the hang of things, I'll add calories. Until then, I fear I'll just add fat lol and that is the LAST thing I want to do.
  • swolegirlcb
    Options
    Look into carb backloading by Keifer;

Works exceptionally well and for women too... you should be able to gain muscle and get leaner at the same time.

http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/2031/18-months-of-carb-back-loading-with-julia-ladewski/

Rice and sweet potatoes are a good place to start and 3 - 500 cals over maintenance as a start and adjust after the first month.

This is a great calculator for working out cals and macros: http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

I'm doing CBL now, and I'm a fan of it.
    However in the book he addresses the fact that most women don't train with enough intensity for it to work as well as with men.
    And their bodies are a bit different.
    Keep in mind that julia ladewski is an exceptional female athlete, not all women are going to get the results she did, because they don't train the way she does. julia is jacked.

Still worth looking into if you train fairly hard.

Thanks but I have my training and nutrition taken care of, just going to keep at it!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I have some friends that are bulking.

I have considered it but as a previous poster said, I'm afraid I'll just gain fat right now :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Right?

Though as my little girl likes to say "Daddy has to eat all the food because he's Hulking."

cutest post of the whole day.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Doing my first bulk. I am ok as long as I do not look in the mirror or step on the scale lol.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose the fluff(I have about 20 lbs of it right now) by April for my cruise. If I feel at that time that I'd like to add to my muscle mass, I'll start bulkying then;-) First things first.....
    Good luck with it--you'll have to take cycle pics of before your bulk, after bulk and then after a cut:-)
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing my first bulk. Feel free to add.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I've been bulking since January. Now I'm doing a short cutting cycle. I added about 10 pounds but it wasn't a very lean bulk so I'm cutting a bit and then reevaluating my calories and plan for the next bulk cycle.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Why I don't track food or weight really on here. I'm currently cutting for a show I use Tracker.Dailyburn.com. You can set you macros, set ranges, and chart your weight gain or weight losses,
  • kiachu
    Options

Right?

AWWW.... :heart:

I *want* to bulk... but I'm scared to DEATH to try. I'm eating at about a 2-300 calorie daily deficit right now while I learn to lift. Once I have the hang of things, I'll add calories. Until then, I fear I'll just add fat lol and that is the LAST thing I want to do.

With a proper bulk your going to add some fat. You just have to get over it.
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Saving this to my topics. :)
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else trying to gain weight? I hate that MFP only tracks lbs lost when my progress is measure (partially) my lbs gained.

-Powerlifter, and aspiring all-natural Figure competitor and fitness model.

SW: 93lbs
    CW: 113lbs lately but 111lbs this morning
    GW: 120lbs by end of January
    UGW: 125lbs

im bulking right now.. great tool to monitor calories and have consistant yet steady weight gain. that way i wont get to fat like i did last year before i had MFP and took forever to get the fat off.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Just started my first bulk beginning of September :)
  • kiachu
    Options
    Is anyone else trying to gain weight? I hate that MFP only tracks lbs lost when my progress is measure (partially) my lbs gained.

-Powerlifter, and aspiring all-natural Figure competitor and fitness model.

SW: 93lbs
    CW: 113lbs lately but 111lbs this morning
    GW: 120lbs by end of January
    UGW: 125lbs

I

im bulking right now.. great tool to monitor calories and have consistant yet steady weight gain. that way i wont get to fat like i did last year before i had MFP and took forever to get the fat off.

I tracked my food an still got fat :(. Cause I likes to keep putting in down my throat haha.