Protein/granola/trail bars

Options
What's everyone's take on these? I used to eat the protein bars (Honey Stinger, Cliff bars) but am now gravitating towards the organic ones composed primarily of nuts and dried fruit. Healthy, horrible?

Replies

• lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Options
    My opinion is that regular food is better, but if you don't have time then protein bars are convenient & certainly better for you that fast foods.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I sort of just use those things as emergency type snacks or food. So in that case a few here and there isn't a big deal.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    you could always alternate the bars you eat and mix it up a bit..... I am in love with Fiber One chocolate chip bars and they are bigger than the average bars eaten....Not only that, they make you fuller because of the Fiber.....
  • quietcoral
    quietcoral Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I eat luna bars all the time just because I love sweet carby foods and these are a healthier alternative since they do have some extra protein and fiber in them.
  • Cristofori44
    Options
    Oh yes, and these are eaten as mid-day snacks not as meal replacements. I have them 2-3 hours before a long run (like 4 miles). Tried substituting fruit, but it didn't sit well on the run.
  • MallisaMott
    MallisaMott Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I really like think thin protein bars. they are super high in protein.