Need gluten-free friends!

Options
Ok, I guess I don't need gluten free friends, just friends who eat a gluten free diet. Thanks to mfp I have discovered that some of my health problems (mostly minor) and some weight and hunger issues are due to a gluten intolerance. I am looking for friends for support, sharing recipes, etc.

Replies

• la8dcruz
    la8dcruz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm trying to eat gluten free too and just discovered Quinoa. Its a great substitute for rice and pasta. Something to look into. Look for the gluten free section in your store for more options in the market, this will help with more options for the household. One thing that helped me out a bit is looking for gluten free/vegan cafes for those days that I want to eat out, look up on google. Hope that helps :smile:
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I started eating gluten free about six months ago due to sensitivity issues. Eating out can be difficult to navigate but it can be done! Recently, I found out that Jason's Deli and Heidi's Deli offer gluten free bread for sandwiches. Nice to mix it up from my usual salads at restaurants!:happy:
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I JUST decided to try going gluten-free (I have had digestive issues on and off for several years, and am trying to determine if it is due to a sensitivity). I am new at this, but would love to add some friends who eat gluten-free as well. Feel free to add me!