Kick boxing ?

Options
So I signed up for my first ever kick boxing class last night. Before I went I entered it into my exercise to see what it would be and for a 60 min class it was 827 calories! I told my fiancee that that seemed really high.

I went to the class, made it the whole 60 min, sweat more than I have ever sweat in my entire life and got an incredible work out, I had nothing left when the class was over. When I got home and actually entered it, at that point it didn't seem high enough! :tongue:

I guess my question is, should I leave it at the 827 for future classes (which I'll be doing twice a week) or is it too high?

I know, I know, there's no way to *really* know without a HRM but that's not in the budget at the moment.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Drea89
    Drea89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i go to a 45 mins boot camp 5 times a week. Sometimes we go the entire 45 mins and others its 30 mins but i always burn 700 calories or more. Most times i burn over 800 with my max being 930. So no its not too much.

I also use a HRM so i know this is true.
  • worthashot73
    worthashot73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Drea! Can I ask you another question? Again, I've only gone once but I had to force myself to eat dinner when I got home last night, I just was not hungry.. is that normal? when I swim it's the exact opposite, I can't eat soon enough so it was very weird.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just started a muay thai kick boxing class......hour and a half.......wore my *kitten* out
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Drea! Can I ask you another question? Again, I've only gone once but I had to force myself to eat dinner when I got home last night, I just was not hungry.. is that normal? when I swim it's the exact opposite, I can't eat soon enough so it was very weird.

Sometimes when I run I am not hungry afterwards, even if I was hungry before. I wait a bit & then eat. Because I know I have to eat or I will wake up STARVING in the morning & be hungry all the next day.
  • Drea89
    Drea89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It depends on your intensity. I never really hungry after my workout but ive conditioned myself to eat after so much intensity as post workout nutrition is jsut as important. so i have my post work out smoothie. filled woth protein, carbs, and healthy fats. but i also workout at 6 am on an empty stomach.
  • Zamba74
    Zamba74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My muay Thai classes run 2 hours. It's a great workout. 30 min boot camp to start, an hour of combos then 30 min burn out.