The proper way to record treadmill stuff??

Options
Hello you all,
I just got a treadmill from my Dad, its a pro-form crosswalk 415...Should I record my exercise as "walking" and then whatever speed I go, Or under treadmill...and record what the treadmill says?

Thank you in advance:embarassed:

Replies

• Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    Do you have a heart rate monitor?
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing! I've been putting in what the treadmill says, but lately thought I would log the average betwen my treadmill and what mfp says. It's usually a 100-150 calorie difference for me.
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I normally put what the treadmill says!
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I dont have a heart rate monitor yet, of course there is sort of one on the treadmill, but it doesnt seem to work really well...I also wonder..if for people who are short like me (4'11) is a higher speed actually harder work? thusly burning more cals? not sure of that one either , lol :O) for now maybe I will just rely on the data base for walking here. This thing has custom work outs with inclines and stuff, I will have to figure all of that out also.
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help, I think I will just record what the treadmill says since it is lower and thats safer maybe :O) Thanks again
  • aledellstar
    aledellstar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My fiancée bought me a treadmill and a heart rate monitor. They work well together as the calorie usage on the treadmill is way off, as well as this the heart rate monitor has an alarm that sounds if you are working to hard, that you are overexerting yourself. This idea is to keep your heart rate at a pace than increases endurance which then maximises a greater number of calories burnt.
  • JohnnyBLean
    JohnnyBLean Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I override the MFP calories and use what my treadmill or elliptical says. These amounts are higher, so more food:wink: Good luck to you.