Feeling "pretty" at the gym

Options
2»

Replies

• BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    HAHA NO PROBLEM!!!!!! :)

Thanks for all the positive vibes, guys! :)

kayt6689: That's a great quote -- I'm stealing it !

lisamtallman0: That's how I feel about it now, haha. I feel like a beast after getting an intense work-out in. Feels awesome.

wjranch: YEAH! After my strength training work-outs, I am in this... Pumped "GRRR" mode. Think it has to do with all of those happy chemicals that exercise helps with?

blakejohn: Hahah. Don't know about the eye candy thing. But it is definitely motivating to see other people who are ripped or just doing their thing.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO STEAL IT TOO!!! LOL :)

i usually always say...i dont go to the gym to look sexy i go to the gym to get sexy!!!! lol :)

:heart: LOVE IT!!! Me too! :bigsmile:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    some days I go from work, make up on, but i don't get super done up to go to gym....its all business for me when i go...I sweat like crazy and I am a mess when i leave!!! and I don't care what I look like anymore :tongue:

" you can look cute going to the gym.....but you better not look cute leaving "

PS I wear makeup as I have horrible acne scarring ....so people who don' t have facial scars don't understand
  • Mgetsfit
    Mgetsfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not wearing any make up at all usually, only sometimes when I go to a party or so.

I think make up is like a mask, and I don't like that in our culture most women/girls wear masks like all the time and feel unconfident or ugly without it.

Of course it is everybody own decision, whoever needs it can put on whatever she likes :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup maybe twice a month. I prefer looking natural .

But funny. I ALWAYS feel my prettiest getting into my gym clothes and putting my gym shoes on.
  • miss_grad
    miss_grad Posts: 102
    Options
    @WinnerVictori: It's good there are guys out there that look deeper than that. I feel sorry for those (men and women) who are superficial. They can miss out on some awesome people around them.

As for make-up. It's really more of a confidence thing and feeling a certain way... Not sure how to explain it. More often than not, the make-up is to make myself feel adequate... Which is sad, I know. It became a crutch when I got sick. Was so tired of people asking/commenting how my hair was falling out and how I always looked tired.

It's a breath of fresh air to find myself embracing my natural look at the gym. It feels ...empowering. :)
    That's nice. =) You are pretty, and should feel like it!

I bought workout clothes for the first time and now feel fancy at the gym with my snazzy running shorts.
    Omg, that is the best feeling. Feeling all spiffy in new gym clothes.
    Ahahah! Epic.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with wanting to feel pretty at the gym too. Your there to bust your butt and perform your best. If I feel like crap and think I look it, then I most certainly won't be performing my best. XP I don't wear makeup ever but I don't see anything wrong with it if it makes you feel confident and good. I don't understand the posts women put about bashing girls who go in makeup... I may not look my best when I'm in the gym in my gym shirts and no makeup or anything like normal but I can certainly understand somebody wanting to feel their best...
    Thats great that your feeling better without it though. :) It's definitely a good feeling not having to depend on makeup. I just never got the hang of it in the first place and am now so used to not having it that I look funny with makeup.
    I do like wearing cute gym outfits every once in a while just for the confidence boost.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    ideal to wear sleeves and cover up in the gym to focus on what you are doing instead of havin the gun show out... its a 1hr a day workout where you have discipline and focus on the muscle and not try to look like the badass in the gym who is pushing a lot of weight, or trying to impress girls who dont give a sh-t.

stay humble in the gym for 1hr a day so the rest of 23hrs of the day you can eventually look like a greek god.

my philosophy.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    ideal to wear sleeves and cover up in the gym to focus on what you are doing instead of havin the gun show out... its a 1hr a day workout where you have discipline and focus on the muscle and not try to look like the badass in the gym who is pushing a lot of weight, or trying to impress girls who dont give a sh-t.

stay humble in the gym for 1hr a day so the rest of 23hrs of the day you can eventually look like a greek god.

my philosophy.

hell nah.

Other way around. I am covered up 23 hours of the day with nearly no skin showing. In the gym I am pumped and look good, I am going to show it. It's motivating. Nothing motivates me more than being pumped and looking bigger and better than ever.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    The gym is the ultimate confidence builder, in every way.

Thats where we fell in love man.
  • aliciarose511
    aliciarose511 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I always felt so gross at the gym, especially since I usually JUST roll out of bed and go...until one day when my boyfriend wanted to go get coffee after. I told him no because I looked so gross, and then he sais "babe, you look like you just worked out, and that is HOT!"

So now I always feel hot at the gym :)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup because it makes me feel like I have dirt on my face. I actually feel way less pretty with makeup, but I do wear it on certain occasions. Most days I want people to see me as I really am (without make-up) whether it is at the gym, at work, or play whatever.

I think you should do what makes you feel good. :)
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I never wear make - up, I don't have time to put it on. By the time I get my big curly hair under control it's time to leave. Most people are shocked that I don't wear it but I love my natural look; what you see is truly what you get. I will Be 36 and i kind of feel not wearing helps my skin look fresh.