New here...anyone else have gastric sleeve?

Options
Hi there, I'm new to this site. Does anyone else have the gastric sleeve? I had my surgery on May 1, 2012 and am doing great. Just looking for people to share experiences and ideas with. :smile:

Replies

• sara7860
    Options
    Hi :-) I'm a gastric sleever as of Feb 29, 2012. Would love for other sleevers to talk to as well. Glad your doing great btw.
  • 3springchicks
    3springchicks Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie "Sleeve" gal. Mine was recent -- July 23, 2012. Feel Free to Friend me. Would welcome some perspective from others that are walking this path.
  • kelleemg
    Options
    I had the sleeve too. It was June 4, 2012. I've lost 90 lbs so far. I too would like to have sleeve friends to keep up with here on mfp! :)
  • sunshine821
    Options
    Hi! I was just sleeved on 9/27 so I am new to this :) Looking for people to talk to and share experiences with. Have a great day!
  • Flbs10
    Flbs10 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello. I just had a Gastric Sleeve on Aug 28th, 2012- so far I've lost 38 lbs. Love to hear from others that are experiencing the same stuff that I am :-)
  • mum_of_one
    Options
    I'm new too :) My gastric sleeve surgery is booked on 30th Oct and I cant wait. For the last 4 weeks I've cut right back on calories, aiming for around 1200 per day and have lost just over 5kg so far, starting the VLCD this coming Monday, using Optifast on the advice of the bariatric dietician. Exciting but tough times ahead.

Would love to hear experiences of others, especially for pureed food and meal ideas.
  • Chopshopcop
    Chopshopcop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sleever here, Aug 30 2012....26 lbs since sleeve, 20 lbs since signing up on MFP, 63 total lbs since Jan. when I first considered the procedure. Fellow sleevers welcome, feel free to add me.
  • tmlrn61
    tmlrn61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new here and working towards my sleeve ...still hoping to use this app for additional motivation. It sounds like your doing great !!!1 Keep up the good work!!!
  • tmlrn61
    tmlrn61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there , good luck on the sx. is that vlcd-very low calorie diet ? Are you also a knitter ? I recently took a beginning knitting class and loved it . Just wished it lasted longer ....What will your vlcd consist of and for how long ?
  • christiemon
    Options
    I had the sleeve in May of 2011. Have been very successful - lost the first 100 pounds mostly in the first six months. Total loss was 123 pounds. The rest had been more slowly after the first six months. . Now that I"m a year out I can eat more - definitely not like before surgery but more than the first year. I recently had an unrelated serious health problem that lead to some stress and brain decompression surgery on October first. The stress eating and drinking lead to about a 10 pound weight gain of which I've already lost half of it by getting back on documenting everything I eat.

Feel free to message me or friend me. Maybe we should create a group?