Carbs / Sugars?

Options
Hey Guys,

I have been tracking my food with MFP for approx. 3 months, and have been doing great. My wife recently joined, and we're both doing this together.

In the past few weeks, I have noticed that I have hit a plateau with losing weight, and I took a few minutes to look at my #'s. On a daily basis I am reading that I am *always* over in my carbs and my sugars, and I am wondering if this is where the hang up is?

I do eat a lot of fruits (1 cup of no sugar added applesauce, 1 banana, 1 cup of wild blueberries, 2 cups of strawberries, and 1 cup of cantelope are part of my daily diet).

Those fruits add up a large portion of my carbs & sugars -- but they're not the same sugar as, say, eating a handful of cookies.

I guess my question is, how do I lower my carbs / sugar but keep the fruits in my diet?

Thank you all!

Replies

• It sounds like it. I recently found this article here - very in depth with hard science to it which says carbs are your biggest enemy to weight loss. Also make sure you're getting enough protein and doing at least some strength training!

http://www.bullz-eye.com/furci/2010/get_shredded.htm
  • trachnurse
    Options
    Something I have learned with researching the glycemic index is that when you eat higher carb foods, try to eat protein or fat (lean varieties) with them. The theory behind this is that the protein or fat will help to slow the digestion of the carbs. It is supposed to help with weight loss, and so far I have found this seems to be helpful. Good luck!
  • ssitari
    Options
    Thank you for that article, I plan on reading that shortly.

It's funny you mentioned protein trachnurse -- I just looked at mine today and it was way under where it should be. I'll have to find something high in protein to add in (maybe some peanut butter or something).
  • maxlua
    Options
    It sounds like it. I recently found this article here - very in depth with hard science to it which says carbs are your biggest enemy to weight loss. Also make sure you're getting enough protein and doing at least some strength training!

http://www.bullz-eye.com/furci/2010/get_shredded.htm

Awesome article! Thank you for sharing!