Great protein shakes????

Options
I have a tub of Jillian Michaels vanilla flavored whey protein. I need ideas on yummy things to do with it!!!!!

Replies

• TrishDLish81
    Options
    I found some great recipes at dashingdish.com in the recipes/shakes section. Pumpkin pie and frozen hot chocolate!! Yum.
  • todd6977
    todd6977 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    id like to know also
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Try making them with frozen banana's, gives it a nice creamy textue. Sometimes I'll add a bit of peant butter.

I switch between chocolate and vanilla, but always the banana.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My "Go To" Protein Shake is:

8oz almond Milk
    1 Scoop protein powder
    1/3 banana
    1/4 c of pineapple
    1 tbsp Shredded coconut

I realize most may not have shredded coconut, so it's fine without =)
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love unsweetened low cal chocolate almond milk
    Cinnamon
    Frozen banana
    Protein powder
  • bobbifoss
    Options
    Something easy that I like to do is just add a cup of lowfat yogurt....myself I like Yoplait strawberry, but of course you can add any flavor you like to switch it up :)
  • AZiegenhorn
    AZiegenhorn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few different versions but so far my favorite is:

1/2 cup coconut milk
    1 cup water
    1 scoop protein powder
    3/4 cup frozen berry medly (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)

Adding 1/2 a banana is good . . . and I tried adding frozen pineapple today and that was a nice chage as well.
  • AZiegenhorn
    AZiegenhorn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also . . . I think a good blender is key . . . I have a magic bullet and it's great.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I just came across this group of recipes this morning. I haven't tried any yet, as I'm at work, but there are a ton of them there, you are bound to like some!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakes.htm
  • sscad
    sscad Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My "Go To" Protein Shake is:

8oz almond Milk
    1 Scoop protein powder
    1/3 banana
    1/4 c of pineapple
    1 tbsp Shredded coconut

I realize most may not have shredded coconut, so it's fine without =)

I actually happened to get some shredded coconut for a another recipe the other day! So I'm going to try this out, looks good!
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    thank u everyone!!!! will def try!!!!
  • jazujazu
    Options
    If you find that protein shakes work as a satisfying meal replacement, you'll definitely want to try the ones I use! They have only 90 calories and can be blended with milk or water. There's 6 delicious flavors (Vanilla, Chocolate, Cookies n Cream, Caffe Latte, Pina Colada, and Wild Berry) and right now there's a limited edition Dulce de Leche which is so yummy, it tastes just like caramel popcorn! Plus there's so much nutrition, fiber, protein, and amino acids in each one, you never feel hungry between meals. It's how I've been lucky enough to lose 40 pounds in 30 months. You should give it a shot.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Something easy that I like to do is just add a cup of lowfat yogurt....myself I like Yoplait strawberry, but of course you can add any flavor you like to switch it up :)

This, I saw a "recipe" (if you can call it that) to dump one scoop of (insert favorite flavor here) protein powder into a single serving container of Fage 0% yogurt. It tastes like cheesecake and is incredibly, ridiculously filling. You DO have to be a fan of the protein powder flavor though, to begin with, otherwise it won't taste all that great. But the greek yogurt gives it a really nice consistency and tanginess. Yes like cheesecake.

Did I mention that I love cheesecake.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    frozen berries, milk, yogurt: they are all your friend.

Also, I love peanut butter and bananas. once I did Peanut butter and jelly. OMG YUM! I also mix my vanilla protein powder with chai latte. That's freakin amazing also. Orange juice, milk, ice, and protein powder tastes like an orange creamsical.

designerwhey.com has quite a few recipes.
  • streicl
    Options
    1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
    1/2 tsp (or so to taste) peppermint extract
    1 scoop protein(i use vanilla)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    ... and some ice! and blend...yummy peppermint mocha protein shake

and depending on your calories from your protein, this comes out to 170-200 cals
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp dark cocoa powder

and depending on your calories from your protein, this comes out to 170-200 cals

I'm totally making this tonight, I was wondering what to use this peppermint extract for. THANK YOU!
  • streicl
    Options
    1 tbsp dark cocoa powder

I'm totally making this tonight, I was wondering what to use this peppermint extract for. THANK YOU!

Just slowly add the peppermint - its easy to over do it with so little! :)
  • MariaAkeroyd
    MariaAkeroyd Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    One scoop of Jay Robb's Whey Protein mix (available at Whole Foods)
    8 oz of 1 % milke (I was using 2% milk, but switched to 1%)
    and a banana

or you can mix in a small container (6.2 oz, I believe) of a Yoplait Starwberry-Banana yogurt.
    I also add about 3-4 ice cube...

Put in a blender and drink up!
    Sooooo good!