baked apples

Options
tgaul
tgaul Posts: 123
I am looking for ideas on how to make baked apples for a dessert or a side dish. Can anyone help me?

Replies

• izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I like to take gala or fuji apples cook those with some cinnamon on them. Get some sugar free or fat free cool whip and raspberries and top it. The cold tart berries with the sweet hot apples is really good. I to look forward to seeing some other recipes!
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    thank you that does sound good
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I like to take gala or fuji apples cook those with some cinnamon on them. Get some sugar free or fat free cool whip and raspberries and top it. The cold tart berries with the sweet hot apples is really good. I to look forward to seeing some other recipes!

great idea! sounds delicious!
  • sioannone
    sioannone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This one is really good!!!

Baked apple with cheese topping

4 small apples, cored
    1/4 c. raisins
    1/4 c. water
    2 oz. light cream cheese
    1/2 teas. vanilla
    3 to 4 teas. skim milk
    cinnamon
    Cut off a strip of peel from he top of the apple. Arrange in 9 inch pie plate. Fill apples with raisins. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Add water to pie plate. Bake at 350 for about 40 min. or until tender.

Meanwhile for topping , stir together cheese and vanilla and enough skim milk to make creamy.
    To serve, dollop apples with topping and sprinkle with cinnamon.

139 calories, 2 g. protein, 27 g. carbs, 4 g. fat, 63 mg. sodium

These are so good, I eat them without the topping!! - not sure of that nutritional info.
  • krisolso
    krisolso Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That sounds fantastic. Thanks for posting!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    When I make baked apples, here is how I do it:

Core the apples. Stuff them with a mixture of oatmeal, a little brown sugar, a bit of margarine, cinnamon and bake. It's basically an inside out apple crumble.
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    Easy-cut up a Granny Smith, sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave for 2 mi nutes. Add a bit of sweetener, if desired.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump to check out later
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    When I make baked apples, here is how I do it:

Core the apples. Stuff them with a mixture of oatmeal, a little brown sugar, a bit of margarine, cinnamon and bake. It's basically an inside out apple crumble.

OOOOHHHH that sounds delicious. Can't wait to try it.