Ugh...I am NOT sick!!!

kmurph37
kmurph37 Posts: 16
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have lost 54 punds since July and everyone thinks I am sick. Are you feeling OK? Are you all right? I am sick of it. Even my husband says I look bad and I am too skinny. I am the perfect weight for my height according to the charts, according to my GP and according to my Gyno!!! I know my husband has a problem with the smaller chest area :), but over all I am more healthy, have more energy and enjoy getting dressed in the morning!! Just had to get that out!

Replies

• I hear you... I am getting that from my friends "you've lost weight.. are you ok?" YES.. They just didnt see how heavy I was before (I guess I dressed well enough to cover it) so no one thought I needed to loose.

I can understand your frustration- If you feel good (and your Docs say youre where you should be.. ) then GOOD for you.... Keep it up..

and 54 lbs since July is something to be celebrated. Congrats!!
  • Sadly, I haven't had to deal with those concerns yet, but that must be difficult for you. Especially since you probably worked really hard to lose the weight~
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Hey, all that matters is that you're at a weight you and your doctors are happy with! As long as you're healthy and happy, that's the ball game.

P.S. If I ever get those comments, I will tell them "Yes, I'm dying." Just to screw with their heads, cuz I'm sadistic like that.
  • I have dealt with this too. It is frustrating. My mom and dad keep asking me if I eat enough or that I am wasting away and I am still 10 lbs overweight! I figure it is because the people close to me just got used to me being a big girl and now I look totally different. Maybe it just takes some time for people to adjust.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,150 Member
    :flowerforyou: Twenty pounds ago people started telling me that I was wasting away and getting too thin and shouldn't lose any more weight.......I was smart enough to ignore them and now I'm at the weight I always wanted to be.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Be true to yourself and don't let the "Dream Stealers" ruin things for you.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    maybe they are concerned with how fast you are losing the weight? july to now is only 35 weeks and you have lost 54 pounds. i also noticed that passed the goal weight on your ticker and kept losing. it must be frustrating to feel so good about an accomplishment that you have worked so hard on and have people question it, but can you see their point at all?
    dawn
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    I think as long as your doctors agree you are at a healthy weight then you have the right to ignore all of them and relish in your accomplishments. Congrats on your weightloss!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Firstly, great job!
    Second, I get the same thing from my grandma whenever I lose a little weight. She starts to say I look pale (and my SISTER is paler than I am!). Luckily, I don't have to deal with that too often. Maybe you can tell them, straight up, how them saying things like that makes you feel. Maybe try explaining to them that, even though your body has changed, you are still the same person, and have the same feelings for them. (It could be fear...)
  • Hey, all that matters is that you're at a weight you and your doctors are happy with! As long as you're healthy and happy, that's the ball game.

P.S. If I ever get those comments, I will tell them "Yes, I'm dying." Just to screw with their heads, cuz I'm sadistic like that.

Love the PS!! I have experienced this before, its frustrating. But you are right, how you feel is what really matters. IF you are taking good care of yourself then no biggy.
  • I got the same thing, neighbors thought i was sick but didn't want to say anything! Its called I eat less food, HELLO! LOL! Sorry, had to put that out there! Good for you!!!! :happy:
  • I guess it's as hard for other people to adjust to a new body size as it is for the people who've lost weight. You know what's real - and that's what counts. How great to be healthier and feel better. What a good position to be in! Congrats on a great job.
  • Charles1964
    Charles1964 Posts: 33 Member
    Four years ago.I was 340 pounds and after 18 months I dropped down to 170 pounds which was normal weight for a man 6'1".I heard all that are you sick or you need to eat more.I think people just get use to seeing a person one way and it's a shocking when they are thin.Sadly ,I fell back into old eating ways over the last 3 years and today I gained my weight back plus 30 pounds.I am back trying to get down again.I think I hated the comments when I have gained weight more.One hand your told you're to skinny and then you are to fat.You can't please everyone.You just have to do what feels good for you.
  • Thank you for all the replies! i do understand why people would think that I was sick. I quit drinking and started eating right and the weight just fell off. Beer has a lot of calories...ha! I eat 5 times a day and I eat healthy stuff 4 of those times. Yes, I have an ice-cream issue at night. i guess it's just after awhile you really get sick of hearing things like that. Why not, hey you look great!!

I love the "I'm dying"...i'm going to try that....LMAO!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.