Not losing need help.

Options
So it's been 4 weeks since I've lost any weight. I have been working out 6 days a week, cardio. and weights, been staying under my calories,and not by a whole lot. I have changed my workouts also. I lost 13 pounds, but can't seem to lose anymore. I was going to try supplements. Does anyone know what I should be taking?

Replies

• goltsman
    goltsman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend breaking your meals down into smaller portions and eating more regularly, say every 3 hours, this way you can really help boost your metabolism.

The other way is to vary the kind of exercise you carry out. The activities need to be challenging and fun. Try to build some muscle as the daily intake of calories is greater and burns faster.

Good luck and hope it helps.
  • kmurph37
    Options
    I'm not really sure but I do know that lifting weights builds muscles and muscles are weight. Do your clothes feel different? You could be toning and losing inches just not weight.
  • dogmeat
    Options
    Have you been eating your exercise calories? If not, that's probably the reason, if yes, it could be an issue of over/underestimating exercise calorie burn.
  • mikehorw63
    Options
    Agreed on all the replies previously- Smaller meal portions and more regular meals is a good way to kick your metabolism into shape.

The other thing to remember is- you will hit plateus when it comes to weight loss. Things just seem to stagnate. That is when you definately need to vary it up!

Good luck!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You definitely need variety in your workouts, which sounds like you are getting. So it may have to do with your nutrition and the calories you may be taking in or not taking in. Are you taking in enough calories to compensate for what you are expending with your workouts? All too often people want to limit their calorie in take, thinking it will help lose weight, but only to have it back fire. Also, like many of the great people suggested here, but sure that you are eating small meals every 2.5-3 hours. You should have about 5-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism going. Don't be afraid to go heavy with your weight training. Building muscle burns fat quicker. It won't bulk you up, just lean you out more. Plus will help speed up your metabolism.

Best of luck...don't get frustrated...definitely gauge by how your clothes are feeling and how YOU feel. Not the # on the scale.
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    According to your profile you dont have much to loose, the closer you get to your goal the harder it is. Also plateaus happen usually after you loose 10% of your body weight.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You could always try a week of higher calorie intake. That can sometimes break a plateau.