random question

Options
Does anybody else find that keeping track of everything you eat makes you constantly think about food, so you eat more. I want this to work but I seem to be eating a ton of extra food trying to make sure I eat healthy. I quit smoking a year ago, managed to gain about 15 pounds, trying to loose that and dedicating myself to here I've managed to gain a pound instead of loosing anything. :(

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My reaction was 100% the opposite. By logging my food I saw in black and white how out of control I really was, and how distorted my idea of a "portion size" had become.
  • cwilli36
    cwilli36 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I too think it's helpful to see it in black and white but I can understand where you are coming from. Don't give up on logging yet. I think it just takes time to get used to it. Soon you will figure out what to eat without feeling stress over it.
  • Deborahericka
    Options
    Just started today but was on weight watchers point system. To me ,I just didnt follow the program of logging food in the system. Today I was totally on it and it made a difference in the amount of food intake. I didnt think of it as a chore as before. I even joined a exercise class. So here is to commitment and happy weight loss!::happy: Stay encouraged!!!!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I think there is a learning curve. Before long you won't think so much amount it....while at the same time it keeps you from consuming empty calories without thinking!