Breakfast options to fill you up!

Options
Hi All!

I normally have fruit smoothies for breakfast, as they are quick and filling (at the time) and I don't have a lot of spare time to prepare in-depth, time-consuming breakfasts. The only problem is that these smoothies don't sustain me through the morning... I am always hungry by 10 or 11! Does anyone have suggestions on breakfast foods that are quick and will keep me happy until lunch? Appreciate any suggestions! :)

Replies

• elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Are you able to eat a snack at 10 or 11? If so, that's what I would do - something with protein.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Put a tablespoon of all natural crunchy peanut butter in your smoothie. Makes quite a difference!
  • letswalk
    letswalk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've heard some kind of flaxseed in your shake will actually fill you up until lunchtime. I have yet to try it though....I'm not one for shakes.
  • alecsg21
    alecsg21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink a herbalife smoothie, 1 cup of frozen fruit and 2 scoops of additinal protein. Blend it all together, keeps me full :)
    :bigsmile:
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal. Add some fresh berries or sugar free applesauce.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I agree with the suggestion for a snack at 10 or 11! Maybe make a batch of boiled eggs and take one with you for mid-morning snack?
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Bacon (or ham) Eggs, tomato and multigrain toast - always fills me up. Takes a little while to make though. :wink:

Do you get hungry in the morning, or are you eating because you are 'supposed to'?
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    These are my two main "go to" breakfasts

40% less sugar maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal and 2 pieces of turkey bacon. I make the bacon the night before.

schwans mini bacon scrambles. A serving is 4 mini breakfast pizza's but I split it in half and have 2
  • raj83168
    Options
    I add half a banana & handful of oatmeal to the smoothie. Keeps me satisfied for another 4 hrs. If I get bored, I just fry 3 eggs instead of oatmeal in the smoothie
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    (under 100 calorie options.)
    half a cup of frozen berries in half a cup of fat free yogurt (80.)
    half a cup of plain cheerios in one cup of hot 40kal soy milk wth coacoa powder and splenda (95)
    1/4 cup instant oats cooked with lots of water n a pinch of salt wth coffee and low cal creamer (100)
    1/4 cup instant oats wth water and cinnamon and splenda (70.)
    2 egg white omelette filled wth a half cup of veggies,/45 calorie toast with thin layer of Greek yogurt

(under 200 options.)

1/3 cup instant oatmeal wth water n salt n cinnamon and splenda with a banana (200.)
    4 egg white omelette filled with half cup of veggies n a LITTLE cheese/45 calorie toast wth hummus or green yogurt

........you get the idea.....make your own mixtures and remember to always have a big glass of green tea before/during/after/with

1/3 cup of instant oats - 100
    1/3 cup nonfat yogurt - 40
    1 peice low cal toast - 45
    1egg white - 15
    1/2 cup low cal cottage cheese - 90
    1 cup frozen berries - 80
    super low cal almond milk - 40 cal a cup
    most low fat chocolate puddings - under 100
    jello - 10
    low cal whip cream - 10
    3/4 cup veggies - 30/35

salt - 0
    splenda - 0
    pepper - 0
    cinnamon - 0

NOW CREATE SOMETHING YUMMY!
  • amy_who
    Options
    Thanks for the great suggestions everyone! Not a big fan of oatmeal (although I hear it sustains you) but adding it to my smoothie is a great alternative! :happy: