Late Night Clean Eating snacks!!!

Options
meg516
meg516 Posts: 67 Member
Does anyone have suggestions for some clean snacks to eat at night? I often snacked on bananas or apples with cinnamon. However, someone brought to my attention that snacks with sugars, including fruit, are a BAD idea. Please share some healthy ideas!!!!!

Replies

• Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with having fruit (Which has sugar yes but it is not bad for you in moderation) Though I do tend to try and have protein with every meal so maybe an apple with peanut butter or some cheese. I also don't mind not having any protein in my super late night snack as I wont notice being hungry so much sooner while I am sleeping. Other things I like would be some popcorn with butter, a mug of hot tea or some homemade cocoa (I use milk, cocoa powder, and a little bit of cane sugar) Or sometimes I will make my lunch for the next day and just have a small snack size version of that (Tuna, a bit of pasta and sauce, or salad)
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    make a fruit smoothieor drink a hot chocolate (skim milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, and a few drops of vanilla extract!)
    when i have trouble falling asleep a would drink a hot milk with 1tbsp honey, yummy!
  • meg516
    Options
    thanks for the great ideas!
  • ml11j4b
    Options
    I often have a couple of ricecakes or ryvitas (about 30cals each) - either plain or with a bit of low fat cream cheese. Also celery sticks with cream cheese are amazing! And hot drinks are always a good shout.
  • meg516
    Options
    I often have a couple of ricecakes or ryvitas (about 30cals each) - either plain or with a bit of low fat cream cheese. Also celery sticks with cream cheese are amazing! And hot drinks are always a good shout.

I've never tried Ryvitas! I keep hearing how great it is too!
  • raj83168
    Options
    I've been struggling with midnight snacking, but usually have cottage cheese with some fruit & splenda
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    Options

I've never tried Ryvitas! I keep hearing how great it is too!

Whoever told you that was lying to you :wink:

They're like a slice of cardboard with some seasoning....:tongue:
  • meg516
    Options
    haha I'll probably like it anyway... I like rice cakes and that's like eating Styrofoam!!!!
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I snack on mini babybel light cheese.....sometimes sunflower seeds....
    I see no issue with fruits....
  • meg516
    Options
    I love babybel! Lately I've been eating Laughing Cow light.. but only if it's on bread or crackers!
  • TjDee
    TjDee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat fruit late at night because of the sugars. It's best to stick to protein or veggies. Have a protein drink or an ounce of almonds. Celery with natural peanut butter.
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    1/3 cup of instant oats - 100
    1/3 cup nonfat yogurt - 40
    1 peice low cal toast - 45
    1egg white - 15
    1/2 cup low cal cottage cheese - 90
    1 cup frozen berries - 80
    super low cal almond milk - 40 cal a cup
    most low fat chocolate puddings - under 100
    jello - 10
    low cal whip cream - 10
    3/4 cup veggies - 30/35

salt - 0
    splenda - 0
    pepper - 0
    cinnamon - 0

NOW CREATE SOMETHING YUMMY!
  • meg516
    Options
    thanks for the ideas!
  • Laneyjuarez
    Options
    Skinny Pop! Also, my dr. says that if you eat carbs, just pair with a protein to help keep your blood sugar stabilized (think apple + peanut butter, etc.)
  • Kerinjay
    Kerinjay Posts: 13
    Options
    I have a cup of Mandarin Orange Green Tea and a cup of Multigrain Cheerios. Usually satisfies my sweet tooth and crunchy cravings!