Skinny *****

Options
Has anyone else read the book 'Skinny B*tch' ? I absolutely loved it. It made me realize what exactly what in all of the food I used to eat. http://www.skinny*****.net/buy.html is the book's website. It's very blunt (obviously, you can tell from the title alone) but it really put things into perspective for me. It does steer towards a vegan diet, but you can take from it whatever you want.

Edited: I didn't realize you can't write that word on here! Sorry.

Replies

• JustJamie
    JustJamie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'll have to look into that, sounds like the kind of book I would read. :laugh:
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I read the first chapter and it pissed me off, just to be blunt :laugh: I think the book is written both rude and condescending. I do like meat... LOL :laugh: Not that I have anything against anyone who lives a vegan lifestyle, just that the book wasn't for me. To each their own I guess.
  • noseovertail
    Options
    I can see how you could think it is written like that I guess. But to me, I like blunt & to the point writing. To each their own : )
  • AshBear
    Options
    I really enjoyed the book. But then again I'm a vegan lol.
    Great to know that someone else enjoyed it though!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I read it. It did not really impress me much. And I do not eat meat either. Sorry!:wink:
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    I really didn't think of it as a diet book, more of a pushy vegan book. I also think dieting and weight loss problems people have go a little deeper then the surface they scratch. So I found the bluntness rude, and didn't think they had any credibility, merit or valid suggestions that would help me personally.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I read a few chapters in the book, but was not impressed. It seemed to me like a childish rant from two women trying to project their own body image problems on to the readers. I also did not think it was backed up with any science or nutritional facts and they tended to contradict themselves a good bit. I was digusted by the bad language. To me having to result to vulgar language shows a lack of maturity. I would have read more of the book, however the constant cursing made me respect them less so it was hard to take them seriously. If I were thinking about going vegan and then read this book, I would have probably changed my mind.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Not a fan, not impressed. Some of the information contained within is patently false, especially most information about how animals on farms are treated.

I think they care more about making money off their customers than spreading valuable information, considering now they've got an entire lineup of books.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I read it-I eat meat and don't plan on changing that....did have some good info but I probably can find another source for the same info!